CHAS Accreditation (1 Viewer)

Dave_Ja_Vu

Reaction score
Hi guys,

At the moment our company is CHAS compliant but to secure a couple of new contracts we have to be accredited. Has anyone here gone through this procedure?

The one thing our safety officer and myself are having trouble getting our heads around is the first aid risk assesment for site activities. We are ok on the office and yard side of things. Problem is just how detailed to be or where to draw the line.
We have first aiders in every gang and every vehicle has a first aid kit available.

Any info or advice is appreciated.

Dave.

Dave

We have sucsessfully undertaken CHAS accreditation for the last 2 years although they want a lot of information it has not been too bad.

In regards to First Aid Risk Assessment, do CHAS want to see an Assessment? I think they may only be intrested in your arrangements following your internal assessment, they never requested anything like that from us.

You have obviously addressed your 1st aid issues by the fact you have trained lads and 1st aid facilities but its just a case of documenting how you got to that conclusion, I would be very "Broad Brush" to try and encasulate all of your operations as to have very specifics for everything will be an endless task.

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly.

From the report back from CHAS it does say they want an assesment. We are trying to be fairly generic about this otherwise you start to get into site specifics which just has no end to it.

As far as I see it, all the trainees and scaffolders do first aid as part of their training, we also carry out external first aid training courses. First aid arrangements are covered in site inductions. Just how far this guy wants to go...who knows?

Dave.

Dave

Give your assessor a bell and ask him/her

On both our applications we initially failed (I have a theory on that but thats just my cynical side kicking in again!!) and I did just the above and got the info they wanted sorted.

Cheers,

Our H&S officer is dealing with this, passed on your advice, hopefully, this will sort it out. All the other things have passed ok so far, just had this as a bit of a sticky point.

Dave.

Top Bottom