Do you know anyone in this photo ?

scaffman1

Reaction score
Alright lads,

Do any of you chaps know someone in this photo?

It was taken at bircham newton in the late seventies. My old man is the one on the right of the picture.

I know it's a long shot, but who knows....

Attachments

• Scanned photos 002.jpg
    Scanned photos 002.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 696
Good picture Scaffman, I was thinking feck me it's not that old if it was just the 70's, then I remembered that it was nearly 40 year ago.:eek:

Good luck I hope you make a connection.

I Think it was a supervisors course.
He was working for U B M scaffolding at the time.

oh right, that will explain why they were all smiling. :D

UBM thats a name from the past

Thought ubm as in united builders merchants was brought out by b e t deborah services ???

Mac as in cardiff and london

MAC were the metal agency company, but like I was saying I don't know who bought who to be honest. I'll ask my old man tomorrow.

Ubm

[/COLOR]MAC was replaced by UBM who were then merged with Grayston to form Grayston/ UBM. Both owned by BET. Then around 1987 there was a further merging with Deborah's. Most of the country then was covered by Deborah / Grayston, but in South Wales and I think the North East the Company was ISL ( Industrial Services Limited ). Following the purchase of the scaffolding businesses by Rentokil from BET all the businesses came under the DSL banner.

what is this a scaffolding who bought it DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYONE IN THE FECKING PICTURE TO HELP THE GUY OUT :blink:

Thought dibben was the plumbing division

1970's??? - It cant be!
Wheres the Moustaches??? :amazed:

Good picture though mate. :)

the one on the left looks like a guy called nipper walker from oxford he will be about 66yrs old now

Scaffman1

I am 99% certain that the guy third from the left is a young Keith Lowry from the Boro. I worked with Keith in 1984-1986 on the Morecambe Bay hook up for Joe Whitlam later taken over by DSL. Then again in 96-97 on the Brents LTFD project for Salamis. Keith was then the offshore rep. Good scaff and a good guy.

Good luck in finding the rest of em, great pic.

Doddle.

the one on the left looks like a guy called nipper walker from oxford he will be about 66yrs old now

My Old man is the guy on the right Tim and tbh the fella on the left looks a bit older than him, my dads 70 years old.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 AM ----------

Scaffman1

I am 99% certain that the guy third from the left is a young Keith Lowry from the Boro. I worked with Keith in 1984-1986 on the Morecambe Bay hook up for Joe Whitlam later taken over by DSL. Then again in 96-97 on the Brents LTFD project for Salamis. Keith was then the offshore rep. Good scaff and a good guy.

Good luck in finding the rest of em, great pic.

Doddle.

Thanks Doddle I'll mention it with him

Top Bottom