Scaffolders Tape Measure (1 Viewer)

Collo

Reaction score
Hi Gents

Have any of you come accross the bricklayers tape made by Fisco, it has a standard tape measure on it and then courses of bricks, courses of blocks etc. I think a tape aloing these lines for scaffs would be a useful tool with board widths, handrail heights etc.

I don't know if our sponsor has any clout with suppliers.

Any thoughts lads!!

Hi Neil
I for one would be interested and so would quite a few of the lads on site.

Collo

Great idea M8---Iv marked my tape for Lift h, Bay Widths and Handrail Hights---marked with a welders paint pen---

It`s not a bad idea but is it really that hard to make a staff with the required measurements on it , I don`t think so .

I agree, making a staff aint that hard, i found that a tape would only last me so long!

It makes me laugh every time i see a tape un-coiled all over the floor.... it good to have a good tape, but they all tend to break the same...

LMAO.. was it cheap, or did you get it the same way most people do....LOST AND FOUND..

Hi Gents

Have any of you come accross the bricklayers tape made by Fisco, it has a standard tape measure on it and then courses of bricks, courses of blocks etc. I think a tape aloing these lines for scaffs would be a useful tool with board widths, handrail heights etc.

I don't know if our sponsor has any clout with suppliers.

Any thoughts lads!!

Personally lads, I think it's a **** idea.
The tape would be covered in crap to tell you what each mark was for - 2/3/4/5/6 board etc, also for handrail heights and the like. If you needed to actually measure something other than for setting out it woud become extremely hard to read the tape. I always liked to measure from inside of the ledger to the centre of ledger, some people prefer to measure from the standard or inside to inside. What would happen when you're erecting a birdcage and the ledgers are the far side of the next standard? -or when reversing the inside ledger on a base out?
With some of the lads out there these days...All hell would break loose!

Phil

Personally lads, I think it's a **** idea.
The tape would be covered in crap to tell you what each mark was for - 2/3/4/5/6 board etc, also for handrail heights and the like. If you needed to actually measure something other than for setting out it woud become extremely hard to read the tape. I always liked to measure from inside of the ledger to the centre of ledger, some people prefer to measure from the standard or inside to inside. What would happen when you're erecting a birdcage and the ledgers are the far side of the next standard? -or when reversing the inside ledger on a base out?
With some of the lads out there these days...All hell would break loose!

Phil

Ditto

u can get nylon coated tapes they last a lot longer plus it would be easyier to print the marking on it for boards etc measure it twice do it once lol

Kin hell boys,dont want any marks splattered all over our tapes,measuring out ledgers,boards,etc,is the only time were allowed to think for ourselves nowadays without consulting the so called scaffs bibles for references,and its the only time we use multiplication,apart from working out wages...lol:D

wow Daz you use multiplication iam impressed mate i use my bubble 10 inchs x 4 equals 4 and a bit boards wide and yes a bit is a technical term lol

we dont use bits,we use tads,you know,up a tad,down a tad.much easier.im waiting for a bubble with tads on it to show how much to move the tube.:D

numbnuts me thinks a tad and a bit must be the same measurement do you get a big tad and a small tad ?

any of you guys have trouble with the young team reading tapes as they can only use metric they always seem to get lost when you mention feet and inches

Top Bottom