Pig skin scaffolding belt? (1 Viewer)

Orac

Reaction score
Working with a guy this week he's been in the game a long time, he's 59 & fit as a fiddle.

He has a scaffold belt made from pig skin he says it's really durable & a lot softer than leather?

Fact or fiction

Pig skin is a leather its just a soft type, i have an old pigskin wallet that my father gave to me thats at least 50 years old and looks great still , but i aint sure that a work belt made from pigs skin would take the abuse of a scaffold belt

My tool belt is a bit like Trigger's brush, it's had 3 new heads and 5 new shafts, but the belt is the only one I have ever owned which makes it 23 years old(FFS) and still going strong. The way it's worked now should see another 23 years on light duty.:cool:

Back in the day

We used pigskin for all sorts, belts frogs boots gloves hats

Thing was you killed your own pig then cured it, all the meat had to be eaten by yourself in a week with the help of the yard dog for the bones.Then you made your own belts ect from scratch.

Real Scaffolders, Real Men, all fecking liars when it suited :D

I suppose you pissed on it yourself all day long with a belly full of whisky after a hard days graft?:idea:

Slightly off Thread...... Once over 'A apple a day keeps the Doctor away' Now with the current ammount of immigrants on board my Great British Isles, a Bacon sandwich a day keeps all the Cents away. (Lucky Chelsea).

Paddy, are you going to sign off all your posts tonight "Lucky Chelsea"?

jakdan do you remember tommy baldwin from chelsea!!! blue is the colour was there theme tune at the time!!!my mums sister was married to tommy!! my only claim to fame lol!!

Top Bottom