Jordan Clamp (1 Viewer)

Garry Adams

Reaction score
Information Request please: Three Questions on the Jordan Clamp...

1) Has the Jordan Clamp been withdrawn from Service ?

2) Who withdrew it ?

3) why was it withdrawn ?

Garry...

Last edited:
Again Gary, second hand information but I think it was the young team coming back from college that mentioned it to me. Not sure the why's and where for's.

Alistair

Any chance asking the youngins if they know any thing ???

Garry...

Will do Gary although they don't usually remember what I told them last week but I will ask.

I've recently seen them being sold,cant remember the site though,a quick google should reveal all,handy bit of kit but never to be seen again once chucked in with the rest of the fittings ha

Alistair

Aye, I was young once myself---feckin Scaffold was the last thing on my mind, La La La drink and drugs and rock and roll that all Im want to do La La La...PMSL

Garry...

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

Bigfish

I agree a niffty piece of kit right enough---keep it as an integral part of the reel---but, feck yer right they usually get the chuck when not in use eh...

i dont think so old bean,they were taken out of service on the platform i was on by rbg but they came back out a couple of trips later.
i always used a band and plate before some smart arse decided to make his fortune and his own wee fitting.BASSTAAA

Jordan Clamp...

Garry....I used these Jordans a number of years ago when I was with Rigblast out on the Elgin jack-up. What I remember was,that Rigblast withdrew theirs after there was fitting failure on some of the clamps ring. I don't really know what the cause of the failure was and also I had never heard what the SWL test on them were at the time. That was the last time I seen or used them,but I do agree, they were a handy fitting for use with the fall arrest equipment.

Hope this is of some help.

Ian.

I was on that hook up Ian and never saw one yet, you must have been the gaffers best mate.:)

Gary, Spoke to the young team this morning who were the usual mix of hazy memories and misinformation, nobody is really too sure why the centers stopped using them but I can only suggest maybe events such as the release of SG4:10 and the invention of the step over took them and the clamp was superseded.

The guy who invented it was a manager for cape and he was also the scaffold coordinator and Conoco humberside, as with the other thread I commented on I have forgotten his name. Someone on here will know him.

Campbell?

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Adam Campbell.

Campbell?

---------- Post added at 12:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Adam Campbell.

Or Stuart Campbell? One of them but I have met him a few times nice bloke

stuart cambell was the designer for sgb done all the drawings for offshore,started up on his own scafftechnorthern if my memory serves me correct.

I was on that hook up Ian and never saw one yet, you must have been the gaffers best mate.:)

I missed the hook-up on Elgin AOM but I was on the build for it up in Nigg. It was on CSU Project about 6/7 yrs ago that I used the Jordan and I haven't seen one since. And me the gaffers mate....It has never happened and never will...lol.:D

stuart cambell was the designer for sgb done all the drawings for offshore,started up on his own scafftechnorthern if my memory serves me correct.

Yeah your right, Daftscaff...Stuart Campbell ...Scafftech in Inverurie..he used to do all the drawings etc for me on my last job offshore. Never met him personally, but very pleasant guy on the phone.

I missed the hook-up on Elgin AOM but I was on the build for it up in Nigg. It was on CSU Project about 6/7 yrs ago that I used the Jordan and I haven't seen one since. And me the gaffers mate....It has never happened and never will...lol.:D

I was on the build as well for a bit eeiano but spend most of my time in the other yard on the South something or other, just a wee baby. I also did a bit of the legs in there as well. Cold fekin place if I mind right.

Simian

Ian, thanks for the link---I dusted off my copy of SG 4:10 and under Protected Traversing ; Figure 54 was the Jordan Clamp, therefore, if it's sanctioned in the latest SG then it must be still in service...

It has been some time since the Original Thread " Jordan Clamp " has been discussed and I was just double checking if it was still in Service.

Thanks again for your assistance.

Garry...

---------- Post added at 08:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 PM ----------

eeiano

Thanks for the information---is Mr Campbell still in Inverurie ???

Garry...

---------- Post added at 08:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:47 PM ----------

Alistair

You got me thinking when you mentioned SG 4:10---I referenced the SG and there it was the Jordan Clamp---thanks

Garry...

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 PM ----------

daftscaff

Thanks for the input---spot on as usual old Bean...

Gar...

Never even seen it in there Gary, show's how much I take in.:embarrest:

Top Bottom