Woman Narrowly Escapes Falling Scaffolding In Llanelli (1 Viewer)

SF Admin

Administrator
Reaction score
A woman narrowly escaped being hit by collapsing scaffolding which fell on her car moments after she got out.

Beth McDermott, 59, had just parked her Toyota Corolla in a Llanelli street when she heard a loud crash.

The teacher looked back to see the vehicle crushed under dozens of scaffolding poles, which had gone right through the windscreen.

It is believed strong winds may have been to blame. Ms McDermott said she had had "a lucky escape".

She added: "The poles went right through the windscreen and where I'd been sitting just a minute or two earlier.

"If I'd still been in the car I dread to think what would have happened.

"The car is a write-off so I've had a lucky escape."

_47602574_scaffold466.jpg

Source: BBC News

Presco doubles are best

FLIPPIN EKK. Personally i dont think a scaff erected that maybe a bricky. Were only as good as our last job.

I hope your right, but I think we have to be honest and say we are all capable of making a mistake. The good thing about seeing a picture like that is the next few job's I do will have double the required ties in it.

I was at a meeting with scaffs at the end of last year, bore you to tears discussing legislation, but we all had a right good session after the boring stuff was done. I met a couple of boys from down south and had a right good laugh with them, but even through the drunken haze all one of them kept saying to me was never get complacent. 5 month's later and I can still hear him bleating on, but he was right and more than 1 of my jobs have been stronger because of it. Best bit of info I've had from any meeting.:D

Perhaps the lady driver was the famous welsh equivlent of Lewis Hamilton,the one and only Maureen Reece,the most famous student of ITVs driving school,maybe she only nipped out for a pint of milk.lol

Top Bottom