Ban 21s (1 Viewer)

As far as I know they were planning on banning 21's due to the weight. 30kg, which is 5kg more than one man should carry on his own (health and safety regs) but due to the new 21's that weigh 25kg being introduced there is now no need to ban them.

21's

The recommended maximum weight (HSE Guidence) for a male to lift and carry correctley is 25kg, but under the Manual Handling Operations Regulations lifting and carrying are not the only considerations. The size, weight, distribution of the weight, physical capabilities, surface conditions, weather conditions, working enviroment need to be considered to name but a few, in fact a suitable and sufficient risk assessment should be carried out before any manual handling activities.

The guidence given to the Manual Handling Operations Regulations (available in the HSE Legal series - L23) is a very useful document.

The recommended maximum weight (HSE Guidence) for a male to lift and carry correctley is 25kg, but under the Manual Handling Operations Regulations lifting and carrying are not the only considerations. The size, weight, distribution of the weight, physical capabilities, surface conditions, weather conditions, working enviroment need to be considered to name but a few, in fact a suitable and sufficient risk assessment should be carried out before any manual handling activities.

The guidence given to the Manual Handling Operations Regulations (available in the HSE Legal series - L23) is a very useful document.

Swallow a text book dava?? :toung:

Have been using 16s for a while now , although Lyndons do a tube that has a thinner grade and is around a 20 per cent lighter so would be under 25 kg.

Yes a rather large text book chor lol. Yeah I've heard that there is some new scaffold been trialed out on the Brents field(I think), lighter than galvi but heavier than aliminium. I'ts the future me thinks.

they cant ban 21s how we gonna f**k the pussys up that cant take em out when they r topped head hieght

they cant ban 21s how we gonna f**k the pussys up that cant take em out when they r topped head hieght

I have been scaffolding for 16 years and my legs still go a bit when topping off at chest height is it just me are do we all get a little shiver

top tip

I have been scaffolding for 16 years and my legs still go a bit when topping off at chest height is it just me are do we all get a little shiver

just pick it up and chuck it in dont think about it just do lol

just pick it up and chuck it in dont think about it just do lol

I don't care what any body says your hart all ways gos a bit faster when your topping off at chest height with a 21 when in the town center with all them cars and people that look like ants not unless your nuts come to think of it most scaffs i know are a bit nuts

Yes they are making tube in what is called "High Yield" a mixture of alloy and steel. In my opinion the way forward. Also Generation were selling them cheaper than the normal steel tubes. Just to get people to try them me thinks!

Top Bottom