Nasc (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
The NASC recently audited the company I work for, there was 2 of them, 1 was happy for membership, the other was not for some minor issues and recommended in his report to re-audit in 6 months. The NASC rejected this and refused an appeal. I am looking for others to send me photos of NASC member companies not working to SG4-10 or of scaffolds that do not comply with TG20-08, which we do. I have had enough of the NASC dictating how we conduct business! I agree they have done much for the industry and no doubt saved lives, but they dictate the market with their criteria and this is not right.
The NASC lays down to Harsco (formally SGB) and the way that company is set up, give me the ammunition to show major companies what they are about so we can all benefit!

Good luck on your mission but there are plenty of people in this forum that will tell you that the NASC are a bunch of old boys on an ego trip.

They're a law to themselves

lets get rid of them was saying just the same to a couple of cape managers yesterday,pure and utter cartel only intrested in themselves with no regauard for whom they claim to represent.your experience is typical of others who ave fallen foul of the infamous NASC audit.

No appeal,everyone should have the chance to rectify any faults,should'nt they be welcoming new members and guiding them in the correct way:confused:surely this would broaden their membership,and give them more control of the industry in a good way,then they can kick out any non conformists if they dont meet criteria after maybe a twelve month audit,anyway i always thought monopolys were illegal,maybe someone should challenge this through the courts:eek:

oh and welcome operations manager:D

The NASC recently audited the company I work for, there was 2 of them, 1 was happy for membership, the other was not for some minor issues and recommended in his report to re-audit in 6 months. The NASC rejected this and refused an appeal. I am looking for others to send me photos of NASC member companies not working to SG4-10 or of scaffolds that do not comply with TG20-08, which we do. I have had enough of the NASC dictating how we conduct business! I agree they have done much for the industry and no doubt saved lives, but they dictate the market with their criteria and this is not right.
The NASC lays down to Harsco (formally SGB) and the way that company is set up, give me the ammunition to show major companies what they are about so we can all benefit!

Doubtful when Harsco have no longer got any members on the NASC committee.

Interestingly, Harsco have their Harsco Infrastructure division up for sale and they have re-registered 'SGB' with Companies House.

I've heard that Harsco have tried to offload the SGB side of the business for a couple of years now without much interest.

Shame to see a great company shrink down from 30-odd depots 10 years ago to around 10 depots now. They are still closing depots as well

A few pictures here from previous threads http://www.scaffoldersforum.com/scaffolders-forum/7360-who-audits-auditors-2.html

I was informed quite recently that any auditor that now comes to audit you won't be a competitor from another company close to yourselves.

I believe that working together will unite this industry. I deal with quite a few companies who are trying to do everything correctly, yet feel so let down that they have just gave up on trying for membership. Which is a shame really. Life is about learning and help rather than fail would seem the best way forward. If 1 auditor was ok for the membership and the other was not then surely there is room for some justification in the decision.

In a court of law would that be classed as a hung jury ?

Last edited:
Very elitist from what I see. If your company wants a chance to tender for the big jobs youve got to be in it. Much has been made of being audited by the competition.Do they want more members? If all companies were in,would tenders for work drop in price in the scramble?

Doubtful when Harsco have no longer got any members on the NASC committee.

Interestingly, Harsco have their Harsco Infrastructure division up for sale and they have re-registered 'SGB' with Companies House.

SGB is a world famous name in the scaffolding industry and should have never been changed to Arsco in the first place

I've heard that Harsco have tried to offload the SGB side of the business for a couple of years now without much interest.

Shame to see a great company shrink down from 30-odd depots 10 years ago to around 10 depots now. They are still closing depots as well

same with palmers, got sold to thyssenkrupp around 8/9yrs ago and when they took an interest things went down the pan

do beleive they have been brought recently by serco.

basignstoke depot is being shutdown as we speak

They think they are Scaffoldings version of the Mafia, lol.
Sad c.unts...

In the real world the monopolies commision would hang NASC out to dry... getting audited by competitors.. WTF.. not surprising they want to keep it a closed shop.. bent c.unts.

A branch manager of Harsco is currently the NASC President !!!
The committees are full of Harsco employees.

Who is that then?

Because if you're talking about Gerry Cooper, he lost his job at Harsco and as a result he had to stand down from his role at the NASC.

Last edited:

I can remember them with close to 60 depots in the 70's!!
Waste of a good company.

Last edited:
Top Bottom