Method Statements (1 Viewer)

neildundee

Reaction score
Anybody got a decent method statement/risk assessment for loading/unloading lorry with palfinger crane,mines got slated

Try Aom mate I know he has a wagon with crane and he mentioned something similar ages ago, I have some stuff somewhere but been messing with my pc lately an put a zillion documents onto an external hard drive totally unorganised style so need to trawl thru it all

eh.........actually.:embarrest:

Think I posted a good while back a story of a site manager taking great delight in stopping a trucker in his tracks when he arrived on site after an over night from down south somewhere with his artic and crane, risk assessment, method statement and lifting plan. What they failed to take in to account was he wasn't allowed to climb on to the back of the low loader to sling it. At that time we were still hand balling our gear off the truck and were delighted to be told the same and only particular site trained personnel were allowed on the back of the truck to retrieve the gear. The only way we could think of getting round this especially with so many small lifts involved in scaffolding is to individually sling all the lifts as you fork them on to the truck then try and hook the loads with the crane a bit like fishing. Eventually he did relent and let us up with soft landing bags lined up against the truck but to be honest it's a total nightmare.

eh.........actually.:embarrest:

Think I posted a good while back a story of a site manager taking great delight in stopping a trucker in his tracks when he arrived on site after an over night from down south somewhere with his artic and crane, risk assessment, method statement and lifting plan. What they failed to take in to account was he wasn't allowed to climb on to the back of the low loader to sling it. At that time we were still hand balling our gear off the truck and were delighted to be told the same and only particular site trained personnel were allowed on the back of the truck to retrieve the gear. The only way we could think of getting round this especially with so many small lifts involved in scaffolding is to individually sling all the lifts as you fork them on to the truck then try and hook the loads with the crane a bit like fishing. Eventually he did relent and let us up with soft landing bags lined up against the truck but to be honest it's a total nightmare.

seesa are baskets for it even if you have a hiab they want this certificate that certificate when the lorrie driver produces it they say sorry it ante got this number on the certificate.so as you do you start laughing!!! then they say we can put air bags out as aom states!!! but to save time they reply!!! we can get our folk lift driver to take them off for you!!! then he drives round like a mad man coz youve interupted hes bacon and tea break!! and he mumbles under his breath like they do!!! why iam i doing it its not my fooking job!!!! but its fine for there folk lift driver to drive round site at 40 miles a hour coz he can lmfao!!!

It's a nightmare Dico, but the tw at who is whizzing round has been trained and if he causes an accident they will have half a chance at defending a claim and that as we know is the be all and end all.

We stuck 5fts into the post holders with wraps at the top and use the rachet straps as handrails, seemed to appease the H&S gestapo:idea:

I dont know what the crack is with having to handrail a lorry to work off it...?
How many people have fell off a 4ft high lorry before?

I dont think ive ever heard of it, tbh.

I know there is a risk there, but no more/no less then having to walk through a site that is covered in shiit, like bricks, broken pallets, wood, metal and general rubbish everywhere.

Ive been on very few jobs that actually had decent house keeping, most are dangerous as f.uck.

I dont know what the crack is with having to handrail a lorry to work off it...?
How many people have fell off a 4ft high lorry before?

I dont think ive ever heard of it, tbh.

I know there is a risk there, but no more/no less then having to walk through a site that is covered in shiit, like bricks, broken pallets, wood, metal and general rubbish everywhere.

Ive been on very few jobs that actually had decent house keeping, most are dangerous as f.uck.

*holds hand up in shame!!!!!*

i have no defence i fell off and ending up with a fooookin big graze down my leg!:D:nuts:

i have knowen 2lads to fall of lorries , one broke 3 ribs and the other broke his leg easy done on a wet day

Only seen it once and it was as funny as fook. Got to be honest though, if you fall off the truck you deserve the stick that goes with it.

some sockets for posts on side of wagon, a length of chain that goes around wagon body is all you need, you can fit it all together from ground level then use a either built in steps on wagon body or a short ladder to access the wagon load if using crane to unload, or if forklift dont use it obviously :wondering:

The problem arises in our case when we load in the yard with the fork lift and stack it high so any hand rail would be of very little use.

Top Bottom