Reaction score
Priced a job today in Rotherham

F/E 6.00m x 4.00m [2 lifts]

R/E 12.00m x 4.00m [2 lifts] bridging conservatory with 6.00m ladder beams

Both elevations fully boarded

client told i was way out as he has accepted a price of

£250.00 for the complete job,

Where do they get these clown from

I believe it, coz i priced for the same job and was told that £251.00 was too much!!! :cheesy:

The firm that won that job more then likely has 2 guys on about £50 a day doing it and are either foreign or just plain stupid and they will make them stay till the job is done...

iv seen on ebay a couple of lads advertising 290 for 3 sides of house for facia access, just beer tokens to them and foofs it up for the ones that want to do it the right way and make some profit

People advertise on Ebay.... WTF...lol..

There is a company round my area doing back an fronts 6mtr by 3 lifts £250-00 , thats there normal kinda price, all lads are on different pay and have to do between 4 t 8 jobs a day depending on size, squads are mainly 1 scaff and a couple of handy labourers with spanners i think. they have one wagon 2 pick ups, 2 vans running around. Some of there jobs are pure embarrassments, single handrail, no toeboards sometimes, see them running about with hire gear and new kit sometimes , I dont know how they do it.

I know of a firm in Newark that charge £180 for a 3 sider x 2 lifts. 6 mtr front & back & 8 mtr down the hip end this includes travelling into the Mansfield area a round trip of about 50 miles. Htf they're making that pay is beyond me. The roofers who use him are pretty happy though as they will generally put in around £4/500 pounds for a scaffold of that size when pricing the job up.

Complete job? £250 for the front alone surely. Why do these piff takers try it on? and yes someone will do it!!!!!!!!! A total mockery of our profession.

Nigel complete scaff ??

Possibly. The name rings a bell, my mate uses him all the time says he always charges £60 per side for 2 lifts.
I gave him a hand on a re-roof a couple of months back & that's where I found out about the 3 sider. The 8 mtr hip run even had a set of 6 mtr beams over a conservatory. It was a bloody good job for the money, the beams were a bit light on braces but everything else was spot on.

give me these lads number and i can give them all the work their little hearts can cope with at them prices and retire on what they should be charging

this is the time of year when they will start struggling and hopefully pack it all in,
lack of daylight hours, bad weather, hire gear stood up longer and they dont charge hire on jobs either. the bills dont shrink and they arrive every month aswell

They prob will just erect a kicker lift both sides for that price, then the rest is extras...

this is the time of year when they will start struggling and hopefully pack it all in,
lack of daylight hours, bad weather, hire gear stood up longer and they dont charge hire on jobs either. the bills dont shrink and they arrive every month aswell

to hire the gear must cost more than they are getting on the jobs how they can even make beer money at them prices i do not know.

Nigel complete scaff ??
Ha! Is that Nigel from Complete Scaffolding at Markham Moor? He has run the company in to the ground. He put it into liquidation last month and started 'Complete Scaff'. He's totally ripping off all the lads and has not been paying them since then. He's full of promises but empty pay packets every week. He's just using them all to get all his gear back in as he's lost most of his contracts. The lads are starting to jump ship now . . FINALLY!!! That bloke is the scum of the earth!!!

Top Bottom