Safety Footwear (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter scaffoldingsafetyservices
  • Start date
S

scaffoldingsafetyservices

Why do I still see scaffs wearing Riggers?
All i can say is they must have a death wish.

wore then once fpr scaffolding n they were sh!t like, now i always get uvex quatto boots more comfortable than ya slippers, n don't just fall to bits for fun of it!!

I have to admit SSS, I do still wear them and like them as part off our overall PPE. If you have a good proper fitting pair I don't see the problem although I have been dug up about it a couple of times now but when I explain the dangers of rising damp whilst wearing overall's on a muddy site they tend to give me a by. I think the problem was borne from an over reaction to someone successfully suing someone else. I keep thinking about the lace ups but would have to stop issuing overalls as well I think.

There banned on a lot of main contractors sites here..the reason being a lot of them have no ankle support..somebody successfully sued a company for a personal injury whilst wearing them on site..best pair i have is timberland pro about 90 quid but well worth it..;)

Never seen the attraction to digger boots they are to loose on the foot I always buy decent hiking boots no steels as to heavy you could say my boots were made for walking. Only been queried twice and had a couple of bruised toes but I float all Day with the foundation of big Ben

Officially banned on most sites here as well but I'm probably just old fashioned but I don't think I have worn anything else and I've been on sites for almost 25 years now and I've never tripped over my own boot. I would hate to have to change now.

Tried them once they kept catching on starter bars and left one behind walking through mud. Total s.hit I buy gortex Dewalts now.

Tell the truth aom..you cant tye your laces:D..suppose its hard to change after so long..;)

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 AM ----------

Never seen the attraction to digger boots they are to loose on the foot I always buy decent hiking boots no steels as to heavy you could say my boots were made for walking. Only been queried twice and had a couple of bruised toes but I float all Day with the foundation of big Ben

Are they the ones the ground workers wear ..lol:D..

Thats the line I use to rip the boys to bits when I am dealing out the issue.:embarrest:

wore em 10 years offshore, no probs, you need a good pair though. Jallette's are probably the comfiest... red wing are good aswell..

Most places I work have banned them. Two main reasons for this: 1 they don't offer enough ankle support & 2 they don't protect your toes as well as lace up boots.
I used to have a photo of a groundworker who lost his little toe & half of the next one as a result of the toe cap not fully protecting him. I'll have a look through my old emails to see if I've still got it.

I know, it's hardly death wish material is it, it's not like I'm snorting powder and having relations with a lady boy called ting ting macadangdang. :eek:

What's NASC statement about them? Maybe Simon could shed some light on it.

Didn't know they had a guidance on them, do you know?

---------- Post added at 05:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:47 PM ----------

Just had a look on the web site but couldn't see any statement but I could be looking in the wrong place.

I used to wear them when i started, as i only learned how to lace boots up when i was 27... but now i wear Karrimor Safety Boots.

18201090_l.jpg

All for £20 or so.

They are cheap as chips and are as comfortable as DeWalts and also waterproof.
I love them, never gonna wear another boot. :)

What's NASC statement about them? Maybe Simon could shed some light on it.

Don't think the nasc will be worrying too much about producing a statement about the boots I wear, they will assume I am old enough and ugly enough to risk assess the correct ppe for the job in hand.

Top Bottom