MRS stones

StellaStones

Reaction score
Am I the only female on here? Scary - no I'm not a scaffolder, I run a small scaffold firm with my husband in south east been going 4 years now and its tough, I'm well impressed with this site as I need all the help and information I can get! Can anyone give me some ideas on basic pay at the moment ?? New financial year all our boys are asking for rises but I think the pay is pretty good, labourers £70-£90 p day, basic £100-£120 p day, Advanced £120-£150, although they do some long hours some days. :)

Welcome

:) Hi Mrs Stones.

Sorry cant help you on the rates as not at the front end nowadays, just a back room boy.

Welcome to the site and I am sure somebody will help you.

All the best

Chris

Hi Stella,

Welcome to the forum. I run a small company with my wife as well, and your right it ain't easy, however your rates seem more than genorous to me but then I'm at the exact opposite end of the country from you so as usuall depends on experience and what your customers will pay before going else where. Don't be scared on here, if experience has taught me anything it's don't mess with a scaffs wife.:blink:

Your rates seem decent enough going by the current climate,any firm is only as good as the scaffs theyve got,if you think they are worth more give them the rises,good luck with your firm..:D

Hi Stella and Welcome To The Scaffolders Forum!

There have been a few other women members on the site e.g. scaff wife and bish, but your the first for a while. I hope you enjoy your stay on the forum. If you are unsure of anything then just ask.

Regards

SF Admin

Hello & Welcome Stella

I manage a small company in Sheffield and you are correct in the fact that it is very tough out there at the minute, its amazing what people will do to bag some work!!

In regards to your rates I would say they are about there for your part of the country but the top and bottom of the issue is can your business afford to implement pay rises? I would love to give an across the board rise to all our lads but we are just not in the position to offer that at the moment.

We do however look after them in other ways like paying them all day even if we only have half a shift for them etc, They are after all the companies greatest asset and our lads on the whole are a decent bunch.

Hello & Welcome Stella

They are after all the companies greatest asset and our lads on the whole are a decent bunch.

Very diplomatic PW ;)

---------- Post added at 10:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 PM ----------

Welcome stellastones
your rates seem fair to me, just tell the lads that a pay rise now would jeopardise jobs, good luck

Hi Stella

Welcome to the forum.

your rates seem fair to me also, we never got a pay rise last year due to the economic downturn. The Union will be sitting around the table again at this current time, to try and broker a deal for us.

CIJC,rates normally in my opinion, standardise the on-shore % of rise expected, and we normally recieve this at the end of June.

There is a social group, within this forum entitled 'Scaffolders Wifes'.

Regards
Paddy

Hi Stella

Welcome to the Forum, looks like you have had some sound advice from the people on here. Good look with your firm, hope it keeps going from strength to strength.

Get in touch if you ever want to advertise jobs, we offer free job advertising to scaffolding companies

DowntownForJobs

Top Bottom