complete noobie ;) (1 Viewer)

steve78

Reaction score
hi there,im really fed up in my current job,ive fancied doing this for a while now however in this current climate i wouldnt know where to start,so i thought this would be as good a place as any,ive never done scaffolding before but have done a lot of laboring etc on different sites,im interested in getting started doing laboring work and working my way through so any advice i could pick up would be great,by the way im from chester and im 31

Steve78,

Welcome to the forum mate.

At 31 you don't need much advice on how to get started, it's the same with any job, at the bottom and work your way up.:D Be prepared for muscles you didn't know you had to ache for a while regardless of how fit and strong you think you are. Wish I had a pound for every so called body builder who couldn't lift his big napper of the pillow never mind a paddy. Anyway good luck in the search.

Hi Steve and Welcome To The Scaffolders Forum!

Good luck in pursueing a career in scaffolding, if there is anything you are unsure of, then just ask.

Regards

SF Admin

Hi and welcome to the site.

Good luck in the scaffolding business.

I been in it for 25 plus years and always given me a wage even through the last two recessions.

Hope you find somebody who can take you on in these times.

All the best

Chris:cool:

Hello & Welcome Steve

You need to try and get employed ideally by a big Scaffolding company that has a good training regime, not saying the small companies dont have high standards but on the whole they will probably spend less as they dont work for big customers like the National Construction Companies.

I'm afraid you may be in for a hard time trying to accheive this as there are some very good trained men (Unfortunatly) out of work at this present time and good jobs are scarce, but GOOD LUCK anyway:D

Welcome steve78
I agree with the lads, tough time to get into scaffolding at the mo, but good luck

Welcome steve

Dont give up hope mate, keep a eye on the Scaffolders forum, Members in your locality (befriend them) and also keep up to date viewing the Scaffolding jobs section.

Best of luck.

if i had my time again i wouldn't pick scaffolding, good luck with what ever you decide:)

thanks for all your advice guys,ile keep looking on the job forum etc,thanks again and hope to be speaking to you all again soon with good news

Top Bottom