Tool Lanyards (1 Viewer)

Collo

Reaction score
Hi Gents

A few of the major contractors we are working for are insisting on the use of tool resraint lanyards, just wondering if anybody else has experienced this and any thoughts on this policy.

Had to use em on my spanner few years back pain in the ars# couple of turns and its wrapped around it.There might be and im sure there are better ones out there but personally I would say if thats what theyre askin for make em pay for the best.Otherwise theyre more harm than good.

Policy is policy and major contractors don't have must choice but to stay in line with the latest regulations.

Do you prefer the lanyards that attach to the handle or the ones that attach to the side of the box?

Hi Neil

The ones they have supplied us with are spanners with a lanyard attatched to the side of the box, which rotates as you turn the spanner. Take a bit of getting used to, a few tangles to start with. But an improvement on alternatives i have seen i think.

Hi Neil

The ones they have supplied us with are spanners with a lanyard attatched to the side of the box, which rotates as you turn the spanner. Take a bit of getting used to, a few tangles to start with. But an improvement on alternatives i have seen i think.

Is this general consensus? Or do some of you prefer lanyards that attach to the handle?

Is this general consensus? Or do some of you prefer lanyards that attach to the handle?

Hi Neil

The general consensus is that the lanyards that attatch to the box and rotate are the better ones and cause the least hindrance, they take a bit of getting used to but at the end of the day if we want the work from the main contractors then we follow their rules. We used the lanyards that attach to the handle on a job a couple of years ago and they were a big NO NO. Just getting tangled all the time. The only time these are any use is on a ratchet spanner.

I was looking on your website and you have the IMN spanner with the rotating lanyard attachment. Does this come with any other handle i.e. aircraft alloy or titanium and what would the cost be?

We have been issued with this type of spanner by the company but they are all steel (stopdrop tools) but quite a few of the lads don't like the spanner and would definately be interested in lightweight handles etc.

Hi Neil

The general consensus is that the lanyards that attatch to the box and rotate are the better ones and cause the least hindrance, they take a bit of getting used to but at the end of the day if we want the work from the main contractors then we follow their rules. We used the lanyards that attach to the handle on a job a couple of years ago and they were a big NO NO. Just getting tangled all the time. The only time these are any use is on a ratchet spanner.

I was looking on your website and you have the IMN spanner with the rotating lanyard attachment. Does this come with any other handle i.e. aircraft alloy or titanium and what would the cost be?

We have been issued with this type of spanner by the company but they are all steel (stopdrop tools) but quite a few of the lads don't like the spanner and would definately be interested in lightweight handles etc.

Hi Collo that's good to know.

Yes we can get that IMN spanner with a titanium handle and its costs £89.99 + VAT.

Let me know if you are interested and we will order some in.

Thanks

Neil

I use a bog stndard steel poker handle with the lanyard attached to the box, pretty easy to use but i couldn't imagine it been on the handle, would be such a pain in the arse

Neil

I have just ordered 2 of your Tool lanyards, with the belt with the Lanyard rings.

I will try the Lanyards on my Stabila and Ratchet 1st, as i dont fancy trying to drill through my Nailspan.:D

i have gone through 5 lanyards in the past 6 months and to be honest i think they're a total rip off.

im workin on a mc alpine site at the moment and they insist on tools being tethered at all times, so why is it im not allowed to tie my tools up with a piece of string?

George roberts northwest in liverpool, ships gear everywhere.

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

George roberts northwest in liverpool, ships gear everywhere.

you can get nailspans of ebay john for about £50

was getting frustrated so put a bunjey type from an old keyring onto my mag bubble cos i kept walking away leaving it behind...now the hard hat comes in handy when it flys back and whacks me in the back of the head lolo

Top Bottom