Bamboo Scaffolding (1 Viewer)

HSE would have heart attacks looking at that,but they're at it thousands of years must be doing something right.And not a CISRS card between em:toung:

They have their own version of CISRS in China.

A number 74a - otherwise known as Egg Fried Rice and Sweet and Sour Pork. ;)

Beats gettin it from a fortune cookie i suppose.

Still not havin the special sauce:sick:

I remember a bamboo scaffold being erected on dublins main st, o connell st a few back as an exhibition,a gang of chinese scaffs no tools harnesses,actually no ppe at all just a load of wire around their waists,it was class lookin wen they finished it but i wouldnt fancy bein up on it.not a stop end,toe board in sight lol :nuts::nuts:

Remember that heard the lads talkin bout it but never got to see it,thought it was in temple bar though

was defo in o connell st digsie,the old carlton cinema..i stood there for ages watchin them like ants they were..never seen anything like it..maybe there was 1 in temple bar aswell.;)

Rather them then me.Not doubtin you was a few yrs back now

Yeah was on O Connell St,was put up for some cultural exhibition. Had a bit a fun catchin some blokes out on that, sending in crews to strip it.

Id say you had god laugh with that one celtic..a few scraches of the head to say the least lol...:D

Many years ago in Hong Kong [when it was still under british rule] there was a number of erected scaffolds in both bamboo and steel, during a spell of bad weather a typhoon hit downtown hong kong and wiped out all the steel structures, the bamboo scaffolds were left intact. Older scaffs on the forum may remember this incident as it was the main headlines in the Construction News at the time

I don't remember that one in particular GM but I always enjoyed listening to the welder on a rig telling me he went out there to supervise operations and was asked to go up the legs which were covered in the stuff. He politely declined until he saw the crane hit it and almost drag it to the floor before they got it off and the scaffold just stood up again and they all started working. He didn't have a problem after that.

Watched some lads erecting one in singapore many moons ago. After basing out,they took up the outside standards and ledgers to 60 ft,then dropped back and brought up the inside. Musta been swaying 5ft out.Bundle of bamboo strapped on back and a load of ties in there pocket. absolutely fearless.

Top Bottom