Barracudas (1 Viewer)

Collo

Reaction score
Hi Gents

Are any of you lads out there using Barracudas, they look a good bit of kit but i've heard mixed reviews on them, just wondering if any of you lads had any feedback or thoughts on them.

Barracudas have been covered before try the community pages.Few pics there.

Hi Gents

Are any of you lads out there using Barracudas, they look a good bit of kit but i've heard mixed reviews on them, just wondering if any of you lads had any feedback or thoughts on them.

Paddy Carr is a user, search the threads I'm sure this topic has been discussed before

Hi Gents

Searched the threads Barracudas mentioned a couple of times in passing but nothing too specific (unless anybody knows different and can point me in the right direction) . Our company are currently using Spanset Wrappa Slings, these are okay but a bit time consuming and tedious if you've got to keep putting them on and off. just wondering if anybody had any thoughts on the Barracudas as an alternative.

Collo

Click on community, on the drop down menu, click social groups, then Scaffoders study group. Pics and posts of the Barracuda.

Presco doubles are best!

Hi, Barracuda type hook are known to be faulty after a few weeks use it doesnt open as u expect it to. brand new it works one hand operation but after a while you will end up using two hands to open it. also the bolt that connects the lanyard to the barracuda hook is known to come loose. other than that it looks a good bit of kit. REMEMBER IT IS OUR RESPONSIBILITY TO CHECK BEFORE USE.

Cheers Paddy

Do you find ingress of dust is a problem, affecting the operation of the barracuda in the longer term. Also how heavy is it in relation to a standard scaffhook.

collo

Yes mate, dust,Compo,cement,mud can all be a problem, you need a strict cleaning regime. The Barracuda is heavier than the std scaff hook, however the elasticated Manyard is spot-on, no trailing lanyard or having to wrap it round yourself.

Top Bottom