Scaffolding Drawings & 3D Models Needed

mundu

Reaction score
I'm looking for some information on scaffolding.

I need to find detailed drawings of different configurations so I can draw up an inventory of 3D models, which I then plan to 3D print after I've made some scale models. I have a few books that seems to have some basic layouts but none have any extensive detailed drawings that I seem to need. They all seem to be from the 80s and have some nice drawings but I can't seem to think that they're only scraping the surface.

My aim is to draw up a basic list of the main scaffolding types and a brief visual history though a set of plans, sections, elevations, axonometric and 3S drawings. Once I have those I plan to draw a set of drawings depicting the erection of a building and then the reveal once the scaffolding has gone down.

I was wondering if anyone could help push me in the right direction???

Welcome to the forum Mundu. Sounds an interesting project. Theres someone else on here writing a book on the history of scaffolding,cant remember the name of thread. I take it you aint a scaff,or you could create this yourself. There are a few designers/engineers on here could possibly help. Good Luck.

Last edited:
Munda i got a couple of big jobs coming down over the next couple of weeks , why not come out and join in the chain ( free of charge ) then you could see how it works for real :cool: only take you a month or so to get over it

Haha think he might be a penpusher Phllio,you trying to kill him??

I'm not a scaff. The only experience I have with scaffolding is making a squat cage. I'm actually studying architecture at the moment.

I was surprised that a forum like this actually existed. It looks like an awesome community.

Thanks for the offer philliosmaximus, that would be perfect! I'll have to take you up on the offer!

Welcome Mundo
have you tried google sketch up
I know someone has posted some layher templates on there, a good place to start looking:blink1:

Top Bottom