Bumped Wages (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter right angle coupler
  • Start date
R

right angle coupler

Done some work for a firm but left giving them very little notice I should have got 3 days pay off them and all I got was a P45. Rang the office and got passed about a bit, rang one of the directors no answer, sent email no reply. What can I do next? Any help please

Go down the office and kick off

Without coming across as a ****, a contract of Employment works both ways mate, proper notice etc, breach of contract etc. 1 week notice, your sound.........however do a one and you could be on a 'Sticky Wicket'.

You should make it clear to your employer that you are formally resigning. You can give your resignation verbally, unless your contract of employment says otherwise. However, it's always a good idea to put it in writing, saying:
•how much notice you are giving
•what your last day will be

If you want to explain your reasons for resigning, putting it in writing will make it easier to organise your thoughts.

Give your employer the right amount of notice. By law, you must give one week's notice if you have worked for your employer for a month or more. Your contract may demand longer.

Remember that:

•your resignation can't be taken back, unless your contract allows it, or your employer agrees
•you will get your final pay on your normal pay day unless your contract says differently - you don't have the right to ask for it any earlier
•as long as you have given notice in accordance with the terms of your contract, your employer must accept your resignation

Job Centre Monday morning,explain what happend,
ask for advice of how to make a claim for "illegal deductions from wages" under Tribunal scheme

good luck

Without coming across as a ****, a contract of Employment works both ways mate, proper notice etc, breach of contract etc. 1 week notice, your sound.........however do a one and you could be on a 'Sticky Wicket'.

You should make it clear to your employer that you are formally resigning. You can give your resignation verbally, unless your contract of employment says otherwise. However, it's always a good idea to put it in writing, saying:
•how much notice you are giving
•what your last day will be

If you want to explain your reasons for resigning, putting it in writing will make it easier to organise your thoughts.

Give your employer the right amount of notice. By law, you must give one week's notice if you have worked for your employer for a month or more. Your contract may demand longer.

Remember that:

•your resignation can't be taken back, unless your contract allows it, or your employer agrees
•you will get your final pay on your normal pay day unless your contract says differently - you don't have the right to ask for it any earlier
•as long as you have given notice in accordance with the terms of your contract, your employer must accept your resignation

I dont have a contract of employment

What is an employment contract?

An employment contract, or ‘contract of employment’, is an agreement between an employer and an employee which sets out their employment rights, responsibilities and duties. These are called the ‘terms' of the contract.

Your employment contract doesn’t have to be in writing. However, you are entitled to a written statement of your main employment terms within two months of starting work.

The employment contract is made as soon as you accept a job offer. If you start work it will show that you accepted the job on the terms offered by the employer, even if you don’t know what they are. Having a written contract could cut out disputes with your employer at a later date, and will help you understand your employment rights.

You and your employer are bound to the employment contract until it ends (usually by giving notice) or until the terms are changed (usually in an agreement between you and your employer).

Whats with all the acas talk Paddy

The lads been ripped off, for three days wages, by some arrogant retard that thinks he is an employer

Notice or no notice the lad is entitled to his wages

i agree with you there rigger, if a man does the work, pay him. even if your having your own money problems. be honest with the worker and dont just pass them about

if you lent someone £500 quid for a month and you got knocked when they promised to paye you back your be p!sed right off but you would live with it but be very bitter!!!! but if youve worked for your money you want paying!!! name and shame unless you get payed

I've read all the crap off adviceguide.org but the fact that I have nothing in writing and they have no signature off me must stand in my favour?

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

if you lent someone £500 quid for a month and you got knocked when they promised to paye you back your be p!sed right off but you would live with it but be very bitter!!!! but if youve worked for your money you want paying!!! name and shame unless you get payed

Dont worry I will and there will be some shaming!

get ben flynn to go down and have a word..u will soon get your money..lol:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Whats with all the acas talk Paddy

The lads been ripped off, for three days wages, by some arrogant retard that thinks he is an employer

Notice or no notice the lad is entitled to his wages

I was only trying to show the lad, the alternative of having a mass party with a 5' Tube and a office. FFS there is more than one way to skin a Rabbit. Best of luck Bro crack on.....

I was only trying to show the lad, the alternative of having a mass party with a 5' Tube and a office. FFS there is more than one way to skin a Rabbit. Best of luck Bro crack on.....

Whether it's right or wrong, Paddy is correct, you must be aware of these rules when it comes to cases like these so they can't spin rules on you. If you are fully clued up on what the score with the law is you are in a much stronger position and they will be less likely to try rip you off.

tribunal number couple of scaffs i know called these got the form sent to employers and got there money tribunal form and booklet 08457959775

If the employer has been fair , I always tried to leave on good terms ,, u never know what's round the corner mate ,, if u gotta a good job , I would let it go as I said ,,, u never know ,, good luck anyway mate

i kept the company van till my money was in the bank and then took it back. not a word said at the office that day. just walked in and put keys on the desk and said thanks. i never got a thanks for taking the van back.

Top Bottom