Temporary Roof Scaffolds (1 Viewer)

mart62

Reaction score
I have been asked to quote for a temporary roof scaffold. I have supplied and fitted two of these before but soley from my own experience.

I am only a small firm and just wondered who I could get to possibly design it for me to comply with new regulations.

I think there is some designers on this forum so maybe somebody off here could do it for me.

Willing to pay for your time obviously

Martin

george roberts lots of differant styles the ubix is fast and easy. cant remenber what the guys name is who is in charge of that department give them a ring

Why not design your own system of erecting the scaffold,then take it to an engineer who could work out the weight,load,and wind capacities for you,will depend on what you plan to span the roof with..

I have been asked to quote for a temporary roof scaffold. I have supplied and fitted two of these before but soley from my own experience.

I am only a small firm and just wondered who I could get to possibly design it for me to comply with new regulations.

I think there is some designers on this forum so maybe somebody off here could do it for me.

Willing to pay for your time obviously

Martin

Hi Martin , Many of the design companys now offer generic drawing packages for non Basic Scaffolds such as loading bays , stair towers , protection fans etc, not sure if temporary roof structures could be covered by a generic design as lot depends on the type beam used and the span covered .

I have posted a link to design website it may be a good starting point Scaffold Design Temporary Roofs

Ps, are you a Liverpool fan living in Cambs :)

Hi Martin , Many of the design companys now offer generic drawing packages for non Basic Scaffolds such as loading bays , stair towers , protection fans etc, not sure if temporary roof structures could be covered by a generic design as lot depends on the type beam used and the span covered .

I have posted a link to design website it may be a good starting point Scaffold Design Temporary Roofs

Ps, are you a Liverpool fan living in Cambs :)

thanks for the replies guys

yes i do live in cambs and follow liverpool. does it say that on my profile ?

Hi Mart

It all depends on the span mate, I have a few past designs at work covering up to 12m, pm me your e mail address and I will forward to you on Tuesday, these are based on a monapitch roof using 450mm Alloy Beams and CI Sheets.

Hi Mart

It all depends on the span mate, I have a few past designs at work covering up to 12m, pm me your e mail address and I will forward to you on Tuesday, these are based on a monapitch roof using 450mm Alloy Beams and CI Sheets.

thank you very much the building is 12m x 4m so spanning accross the shortest distance outside scaffold span is approx. 7 metres. I have sent you my email address

thank you very much the building is 12m x 4m so spanning accross the shortest distance outside scaffold span is approx. 7 metres. I have sent you my email address

so its not the burnt out church next to your old yard ;)

Temporary Roof

Hi Mart

We currently trying to sort out some standards design drawings which can be adjusted for each job at a relativelly small cost.

Problem with temporary roofs is that we have to consider the wind loads to check the ties, ledger braces, tensile loads in the the standards for uplift, and this is different for every part of the UK.

We have to use a wind code BS 6399 which varies from lowest loads generally in London, and getting higher towards Scotland. Only problem it also varies on altitude of site above sea level, if it is in an exposed location, etc.

So every job tends to be different due to shape and position of building, height above top tie, etc.

Problem is also that scaffold firms have all sorts of beams from unit beams to 780mm mitie diamond beams, some have system roofs, etc.

I think we will develop a standard roof scheme for small spans and use the worst case for say anywhere in England with unit beams, the lowest capacity 400mm and 700mm Ali beams first, with CI sheets and monarflex down to top boarded lifts.

We will be sorting out a standard design request form which we can check to see if you scheme is within these parameters and then issue a site specific drawing and calcs from a standard design.

Early days for this though so wont promise anything at the moment.

Hope PW sorted something out for you though.

All the best.

Chris :)

Please could you mail me a couple of your temporary roof drawings. I am pricing and need some so i can have an idea if there is a lot more than what we have done in the past. Would be much appreciated.
John

---------- Post added at 11:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

sorry, email jkford@btinternet.com

Top Bottom