Solar Panel Estimating, Help!

Ry-deck

Reaction score
I've been doing a few jobs for a few solar pannel companies recently and was wondering if anyone new a good formular to use for estimate them?

One of the companies im working for is giving me cash in hand (which is always on time) but im only charging £350 to put up the jobs. :sick:

But the other company im charging a lot more.

What's the going rate for solar pannel jobs.. :unsure:

We are doing a few of these as well and to be honest they are more hassle than they are worth. The usual formula's go out the window with such small jobs and I now work out the average time away from the yard the boy's are and then add travel and expenses. It's the only way to go for jobs like this unless they have a lot of them close to your yard £350 seems quite low.

We are doing a few of these as well and to be honest they are more hassle than they are worth. The usual formula's go out the window with such small jobs and I now work out the average time away from the yard the boy's are and then add travel and expenses. It's the only way to go for jobs like this unless they have a lot of them close to your yard £350 seems quite low.

this is what we are doing we have done a few we have been chargeing for fuel and a hourly rate for travel then the price of the job because of traveling we did a back on a bunglow the other day, which was 50, miles from base which is half day gone traveling then go back to take it down, i said to the company it would be cherper, to get someone more closer but they said if they keep to the same firm it would be up it was costing them more by sending there blokes to jobs and no scaffold up

seems quite low!! ive just lost a job where the company is doing pv panels 7m x 3 lifts, wheel and rope supplied, any sat dishes or tv arials moved and then re fitted, WAIT FOR IT!! WAIT FOR IT!! GRAND TOTAL OF £220 THROUGH THE BOOKS.

Disgrace, £500 all day long round here as long as it wasn't miles away.

I have found every solar panel job we are doing requires 3 side now or handrails down the gable ends which are a pain to strip if the solar panels go right up to the edge of the roof.
I charge around £18.00 per metre....

I've been doing a few jobs for a few solar pannel companies recently and was wondering if anyone new a good formular to use for estimate them?

One of the companies im working for is giving me cash in hand (which is always on time) but im only charging £350 to put up the jobs. :sick:

But the other company im charging a lot more.

What's the going rate for solar pannel jobs.. :unsure:

Welcome Ry-deck Between £17.00 and £27.00 per metre depending on the access

Top Bottom