Im needing a bit of advice lads!!!! (1 Viewer)

dannyboy

Reaction score
Alrite lads got a question for yous....

im workin with MJD at the moment on price work..

I done my part 2 training in october last year and going to do my assesment in a couple of months... and im workin with a guy who has a kwikstage ticket.

see on paper who is more quailified??

any reply would be a great help:)

danny larrusso

dannybhoy

how u doing mate you should be more qualified but theyv brought this new thing in were u need to do a 2 day kwikstage cuplock course which in my eyes is total booloks to use system scaffold, iv got part 1 tube and fitting and couldnt get on a site cos they wer using cuplok and i didnt have a cuplok ticket

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

i was working with a couple of guys that used to work with mjd, john and ian who are now in scotstoun shipyards with denholm

if the other guy as only got his kwikstage ticket and you are working with tube and fitting you with the part 2 is more qualified and if its the other way around working on kwikstage he would be

I done my part 2 training in october last year and going to do my assesment in a couple of months... and im workin with a guy who has a kwikstage ticket.

danny larrusso

Dannyboy
Until you have done your 1 day assessment you are still a trainee.

I'm not sure if your friend has done pt1 & pt2 T&F I'm assuming not.

My assumption would be you are more qualified in T&F but need to be working with a qualified scaffolder if working with T&F. However your friend is more qualified to use Kwikstage than yourself, if you are both working with Kwikstage then your friend is more qualified on paper. Your friend may have height limitations if he has only done a Kwikstage course.

HTH

Cheers lads:) I thot the tube and fitting ticket would have covered most systems. Need to get my assesment done as soon as :( it bustin my balls workin this mob there are fuckin us about all the time.

aye barry my mate krs works in the shipyards at the moment...seems the place to be

Cheers lads:) I thot the tube and fitting ticket would have covered most systems. Need to get my assesment done as soon as :( it bustin my balls workin this mob there are fuckin us about all the time.

aye barry my mate krs works in the shipyards at the moment...seems the place to be

Unfortunately you will need to do a course for every type of system you use Pt1 & Pt2 covers you for T&F only

download cap 609 for more info

www.cisrs.org.uk/CISRS_General_Information.htm

dannyboy

ive heard from a few people that there not worth working for but its a job just now cos thers still fu*k all out ther at the moment

Until you do your assessment you are not a qualified scaff I`m affraid . I am suspicious of these system cards . I am told the courses are five days but how many systems are there . Guys are paying for cards and training that is confined to one scaffold system , how restrictive is that .
This is a money making scheme at the expense of hard working guys looking for a quick way in .Take my advice and only ever do tube and fitting courses , your options will always be far greater , cheers .:toung:

danny larrusso

Dannyboy
I`ve been an advanced scaffolder since 1985. I worked for company in Aberdeen that did work for the drilling companys it was a small firm most of there work was in the town. I did the gaffer bit offshore i had the young lads out with me that you had to tell them where to put every fitting with the tube and fitting. work dried up offshore and i ended up on shore with the same guys doing the system that they were used to and i could not fault the gus they would loose me with it. so its a case of what your used to. please do not forget if its T/F or system we are all scaffs so lets stick with the brother hood

My Main Bugbear, and you all know where this is heading, is a 'Scaffolder, albeit, T&F, system should be trained, in T&F for their apprenticeship, and from there, they get the added bonus of system training, free incorporated within their current curriculum, at no added cost.

The Divisions, that are being introduced now, between T&F and System, IMHO is just opening a can of the wriggly fella's and is a recipe for disaster, as well as a wedge trying to being driven, between the scaffolding community.

Regards
Paddy

My Main Bugbear, and you all know where this is heading, is a 'Scaffolder, albeit, T&F, system should be trained, in T&F for their apprenticeship, and from there, they get the added bonus of system training, free incorporated within their current curriculum, at no added cost.

The Divisions, that are being introduced now, between T&F and System, IMHO is just opening a can of the wriggly fella's and is a recipe for disaster, as well as a wedge trying to being driven, between the scaffolding community.

Regards
Paddy

The wriggly fella's are already out of the proverbial mate :amazed:

Looking at the list of CISRS approved training providers CISRS - the industry recognised scaffold training scheme

Acorn Scaffolding are accredited by the CISRS to deliver Part 1 & Part 2 in Layer . I don't know much about this company and the following is second hand info , they are shipping in Johnny Foreigner by the bus load , housing them in caravans near their yard , banging them out to graft on a wage below industry standard and at the end of it they get part a 2 ticket in Layer. The word exploitation springs to mind . I saw their sign board a while back on a new hotel next to A1 services Weatherby and not 100% sure but I think the job was in Cuplok.

Generation Hire offer a system add on for their own product "Genlok" which is basically cuplok . Yet an operative with a Genlok add on would not be deemed competent in Cuplok and vice versa .

I agree with you whole heartily Paddy , in the current HSE arse covering culture, system training is inevitable but it should in the form of add ons to the part 2 T&F not a separate entity and should a scaffold contractor decide to use a particular system the onus should be on them to provide adequate training .

i did my part 2 in 93 and we had to do a wee bit with kwikstage,and cuplok.this i would say was enough,but i would say it is a ploy to bring in cheap labour from abroad and if that doesnt work then downgrade scaffolders.i have just started with hertel using some plettac **** on a refinery and noone has asked to see my system card yet.:eek:

Top Bottom