What's everybody wearing these days? (1 Viewer)

Dass

Reaction score
I was driving along the other day and I saw a squad erecting a scaffold on the front of a house. All of the lads were wearing boilersuits.
I haven't seen many lads wearing boilersuits over the last few years. I know some industrial sites insist on it.

I prefer tracksuit bottoms and a t-shirt myself.

What are the best dressed scaffolders wearing these days?

tracksuits and tshirts are the prefered choice for most scaffs i know.personaly i have worn snickers for the last 8 years or so as they are good for summer and winter (with tracksuit underneath)most shut downs ive been on ive worn a boiler suit as it was required by the contractor for health and safety reasons.also good to wear wen ductin is been replaced unless you like itchy skin.;)

Lace up boots,boiler suite,gloves,vis vest,harness,glasses,hard hat,and spanners,phew,and it's hot:(

outside of plants, yards etc where they are used for protection, boilersuits are usually for company image dass, everyone dressed the same etc.
t shirt and trainers in the summer and a lovely warm boilersuit for the winter.oh i used to love them days;)

Used to wear my shorts til the frost came... and even then I'd see it as a competition with other scaffs who would give in and put the shorts away first.... but now shorts are considered dangerous so I must get sweaty b****cks while I work :sad2:

T-shirt shorts/jeans and trainers , but , will stretch to a fleece and hiking boots in winter :) oh , and definitely no gloves .

trainers are you lot sure must work for some bandit firms

we wear orange boiler suits or orange pants n top, so we all dressed the same, makes the company look more respectable our boss says like if we all look the same, our tops all got our names on aswell..

T-shirt shorts/jeans and trainers , but , will stretch to a fleece and hiking boots in winter :) oh , and definitely no gloves .

I never wore gloves myself,but you never see any of our lads without them nowadays,it's site policy now on a lot of sites:noworry:

Used to wear my shorts til the frost came... and even then I'd see it as a competition with other scaffs who would give in and put the shorts away first.... but now shorts are considered dangerous so I must get sweaty b****cks while I work :sad2:

We have 2 lads that have continued wearing shorts for over 2 years now as a bet , twice they have been told to put bottoms on - once when working in a river and more recently on a job in a CDM area . Both recent cold spells with all the snow and ice they both turned up in shorts throughout .

i buy army combat trousers, t-shirt, boots, ive got some sports thermals for in winter and they really good so generally wear the same in winter as in summer but with thermals , no bulky coats or jackets for superscaff75 possibly a light sweater till i warm up and my trusted beanie hat and neck warmer

Lace up boots,boiler suite,gloves,vis vest,harness,glasses,hard hat,and spanners,phew,and it's hot:(

dont be forgetting the earplugs bigfish its no wonder some industrial scaffolders sh!t or pi!! there self takes 20 minutes to get changed lol!!! like the idear of tracksuit bottoms and tieshirt thou exspecially with the weather getting in the high 80s this week:cool:

nice one gimp lol.. if you have to wear more clothes in winter i say work harder were scaffs so meant to be hard as nails not soft as any other trade!!

I always fancied wearing a dinner jacket. the white shirt might not last long, but you'd peeps talking about!might clash with those horrible orange and white gloves everyone has to wear now though!:)

Ok fair enough, I only said that because I was too embarrassed to say I wear a T-shirt that says "DSL" on it! lol

Top Bottom