ladder safety hatches (1 Viewer)

big witts

Reaction score
anyone know where to buy them /hire asap need 4 cheers big witts

Generation doing them pretty cheap.

cheers how much do u know or do they have a price list on there website

We got a load of hired gear in and I asked them to include 8 ladder hatches. They send 8 gates, I thought useless bandits who sends out 8 gates with 8 single lift ladders but when we built the job we used the gates to fence off the ladder trap and it worked really well. The point of telling you that is maybe worth considering using the gates instead as when ever we go to a job with hatches they are locked in the open position, the agent looks like I have farted when I tell him that's more dangerous than having nothing.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Not sure about web site but I don't think they were much more than 20 odd quid.

wished my firm would get some brilliant piece of kit beter than the double handrails round the ladder and gate so simples!!!

Scaffy will be on in a minute to tell you where he get's them for a fiver.:(

I think the hatches are ok if used correctly, I have even seen the gates jammed open. At least your hand rails are still in place Dico. Not so sure they are a good idea but everybody wants them now.

how did you fence it off ? with the ladder gates i have plenty of them

The first thing was it was system but I have seen it done with tube. The system bay carried past the job and return an extra 3 feet then just hung the gate off the return standard and closed the gap with a couple of butts. It will take me about a week but I could try and post a picture if you like. You can just put a dead man down the inside of your guard rail and hang the gate off it, works a treat on a 4 board wide job, just add butts for wider.

if you can post a pic that wud be great ....cheers aom

---------- Post added at 10:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

dico ...you from fd ?

Might take me a while but will try, be back in a bit after much scratching of head and shouting at the long haired one who must be obeyed.:D

Not everyone's cup of tea but did the job for us.

September2011018.jpg

September2011005.jpg

September2011007.jpg

can u get hatches for a bird cage when ya put ladder through it, or does everyone just block it off with a coulple short boards over it??

saw a job in london the other day 15 lifts all the feckin hatches were open:cry:

waiting for a numbnuts to fall all the way down:sad:

gates railed off are common practice with Harsco, ive seen loads of their jobs with gates. I reckon its the better option no struggling to open the damn hatch!!

nice idea AOM

Not so much an idea Jakdan more necessity when your 70 miles from base and no chance of getting more material. Thought I might get slated for no toe board.

Top Bottom