Hello to All Scaffs.....and Vagabonds of the Western World.... (1 Viewer)

Charlie

Reaction score
Another New Member here saying Hi, but what is going on in our great Scaffolding Industry?

I have seen a lot of the posts on here that reflect the apathy of the nation in general. Great Britain has been strangled by thirteen years of New Labour misrule ...... and Scaffolders are taking jobs at ridiculously low rates of pay ..... just to earn a crust!

Agencies are everywhere ..... but what are they paying? Do they pay the correct overtime rates? ...... Exactly. They will try and get good Scaffolders to work for peanuts and expect them to work seven days on the same flat rate! The best that you can achieve in that situation is to try and negotiate a knocker at the weekend, but that shouldn't be necessary .... after 38 hours you are on overtime!

Scaffolders are the elite of the Construction Industry ..... without us there would be no Construction .... so what are we going to do about it?

Hi Charlie and Welcome To The Scaffolders Forum!

That has got to be one of the best first posts on the Scaffolders Forum!

I am looking forward to your future contributions.

Regards

SF Admin

welcome to the forum Charlie, good to see another opinionated old hand, there's too few left nowadays

Thanks to all for the welcome here.....

Hi All Scaffs,

This is a great Forum packed with diverse views and opinions that reflect life in general, but we all have one thing in common.........we have either turned a spanner or have a vested interest in the Scaffolding Industry one way or another.

The knowledge and information that is available here is fantastic because it's the accumulation of hundreds or perhaps thousands of years of experience in this Game.

This is what Scaffolders have needed for years and we have to be grateful to the admin for actually getting it going. I know that for years most of us have been saying we should have our own union and so we should, but the big problem is to get off our arses and do something about it.

This is definitely a step in the right direction with a membership that is growing daily and we have an opportunity to control our own destiny if we care to take it......?

As I have said before, "We are the Elite of the Construction Industry!"........."without us no building, construction or maintenance that involves working at height would take place......."

---------- Post added at 11:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:45 AM ----------

Hi Charlie,

Firstly Welcome to the forum,

Secondly I am looking forward to reading your posts.

hi charlie you should run for primeminister youd get my vote

Thanks Everton........if we don't get rid of Brown today, I might have to......:D

for~site2.jpg

Top Bottom