scaffold tower tie ins. (1 Viewer)

coln18

Reaction score
hey guys looking for some info on tie ins for a ally scaff tower (youngman boss).

I have a 7.2m tower and i am looking at adding some extra lifts to my tower, but obviously at that height i need to tie the tower in.

Can any kind scaffolder out there help me with regards to all the equipment and what they are called and also step by step instructions on how to tie in the scaff tower to a wall.

Also based in Glasgow area, where the best place is to buy all the required kit to tie in my tower.

Many thanks in advance for any help you can give me in the matter.

All the best

Colin

need more info pal.

structure your tying to ie, steel, bricks, blocks etc
can you put long rakers in? extend the base etc,
what are you doing on the job.

NA! call in a scaffolder mate, less hassle and 100 times safer, i wouldnt take one of them up 7m,

generally, at that height it will be into red sandstone, as to what i will be doing, i am a roofer, so all sorts. just came off a big job where i had a full scaffold, but on 1 day jobs, chimney lead etc my tower is ideal and cheaper, just wanting to improve safety hence why i need your help, as i say any help you can give me will be most appreciated.

p.s its a youngman boss 7.2m single width 1.8m long alloy tower

colin

hey guys looking for some info on tie ins for a ally scaff tower (youngman boss).

I have a 7.2m tower and i am looking at adding some extra lifts to my tower, but obviously at that height i need to tie the tower in.

Can any kind scaffolder out there help me with regards to all the equipment and what they are called and also step by step instructions on how to tie in the scaff tower to a wall.

Also based in Glasgow area, where the best place is to buy all the required kit to tie in my tower.

Many thanks in advance for any help you can give me in the matter.

All the best

Colin

Are they even 'allowed' to be erected and worked on at that height?
Not that its anything to do with me, but i dont find them ally towers safe at 4m high, let alone 7.2m+, lol.

I was under the impression that they could only go upto a set height as they were to be used as a last resort, if MEWPS and Scaffold wasn't available?

Are they even 'allowed' to be erected and worked on at that height?
Not that its anything to do with me, but i dont find them ally towers safe at 4m high, let alone 7.2m+, lol.

I was under the impression that they could only go upto a set height as they were to be used as a last resort, if MEWPS and Scaffold wasn't available?

the narrow towers are fine at that height, anything above has to be double width and tied in. thats why im asking about the tie ins....without much success it seems:laugh:

also i wouldnt risk anything but the quality youngman boss towers, the cheaper ones make me nervous above 3 inches to be truthfull

Jason there is a scaffold firm in London that used to use alloy towers to go up 15 floor tower blocks , i aint joking mate you never seen anything like it ( well i aint )

Coln buy 2 x 8 foot tubes and 4 doubles and 2 wire bonds , from a scaffold company fix them across the standards near the top and butting the wall , drill in a raw bolt type shield anchor with the eye bolt head, and tie with wire bond to the standards, then put your next sections on top it will be sound :)

google excalibre fixings,ask for jim,he,ll advise and sell you the correct fixing for sandstone,you,ll then need a tie fitting,i use band n plate fixed directly to the wall in pairs you can then fix a tube across them then using double couplers you can affix to both sides,front and back using 2 6ft tubes,you would need to do this at 2 lift heights,now it gets technical you would have to do a pull test on the anchors which involves training,so you,d be better to use you,re local scaffold company who have already payed big bucks to comply with current legislation,and would have your job up in no time and at not much cost.hope this helps;)

Thanks very much guys, ive used the tower lots, with the larger stabilisers with no problems, but wouldnt mind a belt and braces approach to safety.

Once again thanks very much to those of you who took the time out to answer me, i appreciate it.

Colin

Hi Colin, if you ever read any of my posts you would realise you have to cherry pick a bit to separate fact from fiction. So I might be wrong but are you not meant to use alloy fittings with these towers especially if it's your own tower I think continued use of steel doubles will damage the tower. I haven't really used them much but I do remember using Generations towers with spandecks and having to use a much broader alloy fitting to tie it in. If I was you I wouldn't bother going direct to Excalibur, Apollo or anyone else as generation carry these ties anyway. I would call them in Rutherglen or Beaver in Wishaw and talk to someone there.

Good luck

Hi Colin, if you ever read any of my posts you would realise you have to cherry pick a bit to separate fact from fiction. So I might be wrong but are you not meant to use alloy fittings with these towers especially if it's your own tower I think continued use of steel doubles will damage the tower. I haven't really used them much but I do remember using Generations towers with spandecks and having to use a much broader alloy fitting to tie it in. If I was you I wouldn't bother going direct to Excalibur, Apollo or anyone else as generation carry these ties anyway. I would call them in Rutherglen or Beaver in Wishaw and talk to someone there.

Good luck

And i suppose you use alloy fittings on your nice alloy beams AOM :p

I did say you have to pick fact from fiction as the information is in my head but accessing the right bit at the right time is tricky. It's a bit like the old Morcambe & Wise Sketch, I'm playing the right notes just not necessarily in the right order.

Anyway, my beams are stronger than his crappy wee tower.:bigsmile:

Top Bottom