Scaffolds with no braces

VERTIGO

Reaction score
Just started on a new firm where they dont like to use normal bracing but these stupid pinchrod type transoms, The yardman looked at me a bit gone out when i asked why theres no 8ft tubes on the lorry for braces!
cant teach an old dog new tricks i suppose.......

Ready locks , dog bones as they are called dont need braces , i cant stand them personally

Bones and Reds i know them as.
They aint great... but i do find it easy to base out with them. :blink1:

Call them transom units in the midlands don't like them my self but If you are on your own and you need to kick a job of they are handy I just lay them on the floor put the ledgers in them and away you go the standards hold with no problems,an instant kicker lift.

posted this plenty times but no designer will do you a drawing with no braces in .

Is that a recent policy ?

We had a drawing done last March for a block of flats that had no braces ( except facade/sway/wind braces ) .

Scaffold was 9 lifts high , approx 80ft ( 2.7 m lifts ) 16m x 19m , fully boarded and debris netted . We had 24 x hilti ties per lift . All erected using 5 brd transom units.

Have the 5 brd transoms got another name as in (bones ) if so they don't have to be raykerd so I've herd

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk

Is that a recent policy ?

We had a drawing done last March for a block of flats that had no braces ( except facade/sway/wind braces ) .

Scaffold was 9 lifts high , approx 80ft ( 2.7 m lifts ) 16m x 19m , fully boarded and debris netted . We had 24 x hilti ties per lift . All erected using 5 brd transom units.

24 X Hilti ties a lift :eek: the building must have looked like a dart board when the scaffold came down

are them dreaded things still about........i think i still have the hole in my shoulder blade from when i first started labouring......so many times i put them down.....bending my knees, slightly leaning forward with a straight back, lower the front to the floor then WHACK the bloody nut !!!!!! :/ my back is OK following the method of lifting scaffold material :)

Alrite kevin,you in Liverpool or Doha? Problem with these bones is the integrity of the weld. In time they will need to be checked on a regular basis. On reading Phillios post,seems loadsa ties required.

In Doha.............am not a fan of them, if was buying material i wouldn't spend a penny on them....I think you will only get them in the UK anyhow :)

For T&F scaffs,advantage may be in providing a working platform without ledger bracing clogging working area.

good point frederik, however tg20 now gives you guide lines on removing ledger bracing for a working platform.....so yes we can put them in the skip :)

Top Bottom