Nigeria..!!! (1 Viewer)

Phil McCree

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Scaffolders,

Been away from the forum for a while on holiday etc and back at work now. Just to let everyone know who contacted me regarding Nigeria, that I have answered your queries to the best of my knowledge.

Please let me point out that I do not have any vacancies with my own company at present, but there are a lot of projects starting out here, so there is a huge demand for CITB Scaffolding Inspectors/Supervisors and Instructors. If anyone needs to know any general information about Nigeria, then please shout up and I will assist where possible?

Hello Admin, Gaz, Paddy, Paul and everyone else. A special thank you to Paddy for the Caps_60 you sent to me, very helpful mate.

Rock on..!!!
Phil.

im a advanced scaff / advanced inspector / and just finalising for assessing and i may be very intrested ... allowed to teach basic's at the moment. more info please.

Info

I actually replied to this post with a long winded-detailed description, but it never posted? (sort it out Admin, cheers..!!!)

Basically you must have a minimum CITB/CISRS Advanced Scaffolding Certificate along with CITB Advanced Scaffolding Inspection. Any HSE & working at height training is also very advantageous as are rigging qualifications. BOSIET is not always a necessity out here as some companies do their own training but I would'nt trust any local facility, plus the ticket is not recognized outside of the country. If you are ever going to learn how to survive offshore, then the UK is the best place to do your course.

If it is a teaching/instructing position you seek, then all relevant NVQ's must be up to date.

Good communication skills are a must as the ability to demostrate and present on a regular basis is expected of you. This is where previous Supervision experience will be required. You will also need to be computer literate.

The best way to search for work is to register the Oil & Gas job search engines. Two of the best that I have used with 100% success rate are:

OilCareers - The Recruitment site for the Worldwide Oil and Gas Industry & www.oilandgasjobsearch.com

Basically you enter all your details and attach an up to date CV, this will then be browsed by oil companies, engineering companies and agencies etc. You will be notified of any vacancies via email. Sometimes (in my case), you might be contacted directly by the company that is hiring.

Registering with agenicies is also one of the best options as it is within their interest to find you work. A few decent are: Velosi-Intec, NES, AGC, SOL Resources, Brunell etc etc. There are too many to list.

Happy hunting Gents, I wish you all the very best of luck!

Cheers,
Phil.

Hi Phil

Thanks for your informative post.

The post needed to be manually approved due to their being multiple links in it. This feature is necessary to help stop the large number of spammers that target the site on a daily basis.

I deleted it as you posted in more detail in the second post.

Thanks Again

SF Admin

instructos

im a advanced scaff / advanced inspector / and just finalising for assessing and i may be very intrested ... allowed to teach basic's at the moment. more info please.

Hi Steve , really sorry i have not got back to you mate, are you still looking for work instructing ? I might be able to get you in mate.

---------- Post added at 10:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 AM ----------

Hi Phill McCree ,

I was wondering if you knew what the going rate was or is for supervisors over in Nigeria ?

I would be grateful of any info has i have been offered some work in Angola.

this is something i would be interested in, could you pm me some more info or send me a link, i already uploaded a cv to the oil & gas website;)

Hello Fellow Scaffolders,

Been away from the forum for a while on holiday etc and back at work now. Just to let everyone know who contacted me regarding Nigeria, that I have answered your queries to the best of my knowledge.

Please let me point out that I do not have any vacancies with my own company at present, but there are a lot of projects starting out here, so there is a huge demand for CITB Scaffolding Inspectors/Supervisors and Instructors. If anyone needs to know any general information about Nigeria, then please shout up and I will assist where possible?

Hello Admin, Gaz, Paddy, Paul and everyone else. A special thank you to Paddy for the Caps_60 you sent to me, very helpful mate.

Rock on..!!!
Phil.
Phil
I was in Nigeria from 1998 till 2002 then again on a six month contract in 2004. Just finished my 2 year contract in Asia so now looking for a new project. If anything comes up kindly let me know. Full CITB Advanced certified scaffolder and Inspector...no wahala I bego.
Doddle.

Phil
I was in Nigeria from 1998 till 2002 then again on a six month contract in 2004. Just finished my 2 year contract in Asia so now looking for a new project. If anything comes up kindly let me know. Full CITB Advanced certified scaffolder and Inspector...no wahala I bego.
Doddle.

Top Bottom