Layher vs Tube & Fitting (1 Viewer)

E

essex

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22VGtm1rDB0]Layher Scaffolding USA - Layher Allround vs. Tube & Coupling - www.layherusa.com - YouTube[/ame]

Layher, for me is the best System out there atm.

Smashes the others to bits and ive used most, even that 'orrible old shiit - 'Yellow Peril'/KwikStage.
No System comes close to Layher.

But, i dont think anything can beat Tube and Fitting.
Nothing can match its vesatility or adaptability.

Can layer be mixed with T&F? I have been told, cuplock system is the only system you can mix with T&F, how true is this??

understand the ties, however am talking about using tube transom with singles, scaffold timber boards, ledger bracings, facade bracing etc.....if you do not have all the conponents to go with the system. We do it here......cuplock and T&F, can the same be done with layer? or do you need all the conponents to go with it??

smart ars e:laugh:

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

understand the ties, however am talking about using tube transom with singles, scaffold timber boards, ledger bracings, facade bracing etc.....if you do not have all the conponents to go with the system. We do it here......cuplock and T&F, can the same be done with layer? or do you need all the conponents to go with it??

i cant see why not kev, everything is the same dimmensions etc,

but i'm sure Ian will find something to say you can't.
he's got to much time on his hands:eek:

smart ars e:laugh:

---------- post added at 02:07 pm ---------- previous post was at 02:04 pm ----------

but i'm sure ian will find something to say you can't.
He's got to much time on his hands:eek:

:D

Hi Kevin,

Layher Allround is same external dimension as standard tube,they also do fittings so you can attach to the rings on standards then onto tubes.
double wedge couplers and swivel wedge couplers.
These fittings are designed to keep tubes inline with rosette so handrails match up if mixing tubes.you wont get this with cuplok as cup impedes couplers.
you will regularly see jobs in UK with tube mixed in for bracing mainly.
regarding ties the ledges are ideal with ring screws as the wedges go straight through ring and make nice tight connection.

all system is sh!t ,possibly barring haki loading bays but im only saying that because of the amount of gear they make you put in them if you do them in tube and fitting . used to put them up with 3 standards no kick lift and singles for checks . i cant remember many falling over

Tube and fitting, but if i had to use a system it would be Van Thiel from Holland :push: :push:

What if you had to part with cold hard cash for it?:eek:

Tube and fitting, but if i had to use a system it would be Van Thiel from Holland :push: :push:

Van Thiel is pretty good.
Though, its not really a System or Tube n Fitting... its kinda a mixture of the 2, like a hybrid.

What if you had to part with cold hard cash for it?:eek:

You can send Your own tube to Holland to be altered at a fraction of the cost of buying new, and even new its on a par with Layher, once purchased the erection and dismantling times are substantially quicker than T & F ;) ;)

---------- Post added at 05:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

Van Thiel is pretty good.
Though, its not really a System or Tube n Fitting... its kinda a mixture of the 2, like a hybrid.

Wish i had thought of it first hybrid or not LOL

ALL SYSTEM IS OK FOR THE STRAIGHT RUNS,BUT THE MINUTE YOU HIT A PIPE ETC THEN YOU WILL HAVE TO UTILISE THE OLD TUBE AND FITTING.
I HAVE WORKED WITH ALL THE BEST KNOWN SYSTEMS AND THEY ARE ALL VERY GOOD WHEN YOU HAVE ALL THE GADGETS,BUT YOU ARE STILL STUCK TO THE STATED SIZES WETHER ITS THE 800 MILL DOGBONE OR WHATEVER.
WITH TUBE IF YOU NEED TO CUT THE TUBE THEN CUT THE TUBE YOU DO,TRY THAT WITH SYSTEM AND YOUR OUT THE DOOR.
:sad2:

Top Bottom