Irish selling scaffold (1 Viewer)

Let's hope the Ruskies fall in love with it and keep it over there.

Not a good sign Hatterscaff, I hope it's not a sign of what's ahead.

Old hat no bargains left in eire

You must have hoovered them all up Scaffy.

Does that mean they are on a come back or just sold the lot?

Has anyone heard from Brandy or Celticwarrior lately that could shed some light on the situation over there?

Brought a bit down there last year mate few motors ect
Them irish number plates are handy 

firms going bust all over ireland,on the phone the other day to a pal of mine (DOLAN SCAFFOLDING DONEGAL)4yr ago he was the leading scaff company in the republic,over 200 men working in Dublin alone,now he as only three men on his books

Dolan deserved what he got put a lot of firms in trouble with his cheap rates....he should of stayed in donegal...hes the one who destroyed dublin..good ridance to him.

sounds as if he tread on your toes, say what you like about him he only done what everyone else was doing,making money,i was working in Ireland all through the boom everyone was at it,that many jobs going not enough men to do them,like everone else it was sad to see what was happening,i no lots of people who have gone to the wall,and it is not a nice thing to see.

no he never thread on my toes..but i seen a couple of mates suffer over his ridiculous rates per square,,he got to greedy and under cut everyone...then when he turned down all the so called "small" jobs because he was to big he got what he deserved when all the big ones dried up..theres no sympathy for him...straight rates should of been agreed accross the board then everyone woulda got a bit of work...not just the greedy ones like the dolans..

half a dozon small jobs is better that one big one know a few pepole gone under because of doing the same sort of thing

Your quite right b-safe, small is beautiful.

Greetings AOM,I do check in on the forum from time to time mate. The sad thing about that article is that it aint the men who went out and financed the machines or gear that are getting the dough for it, its the banks who get the ruble from mother russia and still hound the small guy for what he financed it for.

And it aint machines or gear leaving the country its guys with young families.

And regarding the prices,.. yes certain companies dropped the rate to mental prices but there were so many start up firms who just didnt have a clue about how to make money and let Quantity Surveyors call the shots and dictate the prices.

Unfortunatley there was a lot of money left on the table if you no what I mean:sad2::confused::mad:
Anyhow all's well and working overseas :cool:

Greetings AOM,I do check in on the forum from time to time mate. The sad thing about that article is that it aint the men who went out and financed the machines or gear that are getting the dough for it, its the banks who get the ruble from mother russia and still hound the small guy for what he financed it for.

And it aint machines or gear leaving the country its guys with young families.

And regarding the prices,.. yes certain companies dropped the rate to mental prices but there were so many start up firms who just didnt have a clue about how to make money and let Quantity Surveyors call the shots and dictate the prices.

Unfortunatley there was a lot of money left on the table if you no what I mean:sad2::confused::mad:
Anyhow all's well and working overseas :cool:

(YEAH NO WHAT YOU MEAN) I SPENT 12YRS IN THE REPUBLIC AND I MARVELED AT THE WAY MONEY WAS THROWN ABOUT. must admit a lot went my way, it seemed at the time that it was never going to end, sadley when it did so many people where in the firing line, myself i was fortunate that i did not depend on anyone so just up sticks and left, many could not do that,then they where stuck with houses that 5yrs ago where selling at over inflated prices,are you working now, and what part of the republic are you in

Hi Celticwarrior, good to see you are still fighting the good fight despite the situation at home.

A blue doo all round I think.

Top Bottom