cis nightmare limited (1 Viewer)

S

steveo south east

hi guys, i went limited 10/11 had 20% cis taken out of my wages weekly. everthing was hunky dorey until 4 months after i done the first return. my accountant said it will take about 8 weeks to get my cis rebate from tax man (20%of a years wage) once in reciept of this i could then pay my corporation tax.sorted.
Problem. The companies i have worked with have been paying cis into old utr no (which i shut down). After getting these companies to change payments to new utr i phoned the the tax man and he said my end of years dont match so i wont get a payment until i get them to match.
on top of this i phoned cis on my old utr no and they said i still have money in that account and they wont tell me how much or who from and that i have to request this in writing?

I am talking to my accountant this week but i have no confidence in him as i think he should have checked this before we got to this state.

what should i be asking my acc to do apart from pulling his finger out.

Hello mate.

Might be an idea to speak to Better Tax.
They are forum sponsors, so it might be in their interest to help you and they are spot on.

I did my return with them this year and they done me proud.
Fast return, easy to talk to and they, unlike many other accountants, actually know a bit about Scaffolding and what we do, how we do it and why.

Try them on: www.Better-Tax.org.
or
Contact them in the forums here.

I hope this helps mate.

Good luck.
Jay.

i,ll second that pal, get st8 on the phone to bettertax there excellent! they will know exactly what to do

ahhh thanks Jason and Stuart - lovely to read that. :)

Steveo,

Sounds like a right mess and far be it from us to poach other people's business but if you want to give us a call, please do. At least that way you'll get a 2nd opinion and can decide what to do.

Hope it gets sorted out quickly for you - so frustrating.

Top Bottom