alrite boys (1 Viewer)

dan_rich

Reaction score
hi my name dan living in wales at moment. cant seem to find any work. im ringing firms and acencies and gettin told yea we ring you back and they dont. i understand at the moment work is hard to find in wales and whereever i ring up like for exsample bristol, kent , london they gonna take local men on first.

i started of 5 years ago with shs scaffolding in cardiff, they started me as a apprentice in swansea and had a good run for 2 years. i was around good scaffs showing me how to scaffold. then they pulled out of swansea and i was made redundunt. i was gutted because the boys i was with went on to powerstations and i didnt have no safety passport bk then.

im basically looking for someone to take me on and i be a good scaffolder. my time keeping is good and im very keen. i done my part 1 2 years ago. and recently just done my basic part 2. but need a few months on site to get my evidence.

if any1 know where i can go from here i be grateful for some advice. i been promise jobs in pembroke, uskmouth but never seem to happen.

thanx dan:)

Welcome to the forum dan rich,
crack on with the portfolio mate, it will help in the long run and keep your eyes on the job thread its always being updated, good luck

thank you. yer i always have a look at the job listings. just hope something comes up. tired of getting let dwn.

dan

Hello & Welcome Dan

Its soul destroying when you actually get a young man that is really keen on the job and cant get on, keep at it mate, with a positive outlook and your keeness I'm sure something will happen soon.

Good Luck!!:)

thanx boys i will take your comments on board. i aint a sort of person to give up. i just came off a job naw last week, had 8 months run in carmenthen. if he haves work again im rang, but naw at the mo im out of work. yer very keen and a quick learner. i just need to be in secure job. i get along with people and every site i been on im liked. there aint much around wales at mo. every1 seems to be trying to get on pembroke. only thing goin on. but hopefully it change being on here.:)

thanx lads:)

Hi Dan

Welcome to the Forum, just read your post. Hang on in there something will come up soon, really really bad climate at the moment and everyone seems to be suffering.

If we can help, we will.

DowntownForJobs

yea climate down here is awful at mo. but i keep plugging. can i ask you boys issit worth getting a P.T.S card and a national grid card? becoz ive seen a few posts with these firms/ acencies looking for these sort of cards?

i was told with u BESC card to obtain one the firm pays it for you.?

but thank you for your help and support.hopefully some1 from my neck of the woods see this and give me some advice.

dan:)

Hi Dan and Welcome To The Scaffolders Forum!

I hope you find something soon. Keep your head up!

Regards

SF Admin

Top Bottom