hello all (1 Viewer)

richoak1975

Reaction score
Just signed up whilst searching for a scaffolders step, im not a scaffolder but run a scaffolding company, ive been informed that as a non qualified scaffolder I should not look at/price jobs because I cant really say if there is a design element involved in the job or not, what qualification/course would I need to satisfy the HSE that I know what im talking about
Thanks
Richard

Just signed up whilst searching for a scaffolders step, im not a scaffolder but run a scaffolding company, ive been informed that as a non qualified scaffolder I should not look at/price jobs because I cant really say if there is a design element involved in the job or not, what qualification/course would I need to satisfy the HSE that I know what im talking about
Thanks
Richard

Hello & Welcome to the Forum richoak

You are having a bit of a giggle arent you with the quip about running a Scaffolding Company? its not April 1st is it??

On a serious note, if this is the situation you are in I would suggest Part 1 & 2 T&F Scaffolding Courses as an immediate minimumn and then an SMSTS course to get the H&S aspect up and running.

In regard to satisfying the HSE and more importantly the Lads that you manage on a daily basis you need to prove Competency, the definition of this is someone who is suitably Experienced, Trained and Knowledgable in their field.

Hope that helps.

Cheers

Paul

Welcome richoak1975
I'm wih PW on this one, you seem to be in a strange situation.

Defo Pt1 & 2
Defo SMSTS
Alwyn Richards do a course that might give some insight on design issues

Scaffolding Design Appreciation Part 1

Experiance is what you really need, try plucking one of your better scaffs to be with you when pricing etc, or you can always ask the forum

Hi Rich and Welcome To The Scaffolders Forum!

Regards

SF Admin

Top Bottom