Alloy spanners

i used too, great for price work but dont last that long , the imn one was really good but the priory aircraft alloy , the one you can get in different colours was absolutely garbage, if you want a light spanner its probably worth paying the extra for tianium

My brother uses one.

He prefers it to a titanium one... I have a nice titanium spanner myself and his alloy one seems as light as mine, but the alloy one is cheaper then mine.

Not sure on the reliability of it or how strong it is, compared to a steel or titanium spanner though.

There is a alloy IMN on ebay for £35. Not a bad price since the loverly pretty coloured ones are going for around £50, and titanium at cheapest are £65ish.

I will give it a go anyway.

Cheers guys

alloy spanners are for puffs lol I like a spanner that if there a prob requiring a good hard wack its heavy enuff, mean enuff to cope an solve da problem , you cant beat fcuk out of anything or anyone with alloy

had alloy all ma days , as everyone says rubbish for bashing and whacking stuff including brickes if they start ther sh1te, might upgrade to titanium soon, ma last one lasted 4 years tho before it broke

Classic Super
I prefer the weight of a Steel spanner and, like you say they're up to the job of belting the odd tube if required

As for wackin scaffold or fat brickies, i tend to use either my podge or if im playing with cuplock i have my system hammer for that!

Yeah I've got a podger hammer but don't carry it on my belt unless working on system so spanner handle is ample for good old tube

Lads you all know if you put the job up right it dont need to be wacked , just a little tap on the end of the spanner is fine , as for brickies i prefer a good old head butt followed with a swift kick to the nuts fu ck denting my spanner on their thick heads ;)

i always used heavy spanners for years, didn't like the feel of light weight ones, but tried it about a year ago when i was given one to borrow and liked it that much that bought it off him, its an IMN and just as good now as when i had it, couldn't go back to using heavy one now. Only draw back I find is that because the head is heavier than the shaft, it is prone to falling out of your belt when leaning over on the odd occasion, but you get used to it after a while and take it out before you do.

big ben titanium spanner is a gooden,but take an old used fitting with you to shop to try the box on it,as they have a close tolerence.i know,i bought one (120 quid),& the ******* was too tight.looked a right **** monday morning with the lairy spanner.

I think they make them in Scotland...
They are tight as fukk. :laugh:

Top Bottom