Hello all

kevin34

Reaction score
:noworry:Hello all. My name is kev morris. My son James, also scaffolder, introduced me to this site and pleased that there is a place where the people involved in this work can have a say. Hopefully I will find a few people I know.

Hi Kev, welcome to the forum, Nice to have an instructor to bash LOL,

Only jokin m8, only instructor i had was Colin Wilkie at Hillington, nice guy as long as you listened to what he was trying to teach you

Hiya back

Thanks for that tinhead. I'm sub contractor instructor and once did 2 weeks at Hillington, (never forget that M8 in mornings), long time ago. Think Colin passed away but everyone had good words for him.

I'm looking forward to reading all the posts here and pleased to see it's quite lively. A great site for scaffs and hopefully grow bigger and bigger.

Just waiting for ticket to trinidad. Training there and great place to stay although a bit lawless at times lol. Scaffs there look after me and I will definitely introduce them to this site.

see you

Welcome Kevin34
Great to have an instructor on board, the more disciplines the better

Thanks Scaff. Think this is great idea. I hope organisations such as this will be able to have a say in their industry and also get some of the credit for the improvements in safety and quality over the years.

Thanks again

---------- Post added at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

Thanks Scaff. Think the site is a great idea and hopefully will grow and have a say in our industry. Hope also that the scaffs get some of the credit for improvements in safety and quality instead of only nasc etc.

Thanks again

Hello & Welcome to the forum Kevin

I think you are our first Instructor on board.

We now are a trully rounded community as we have reps from all spheres of our industry.

Once again Welcome mate!!:D

Thanks PW. Took a quick look around forum last night and found some interesting discussions. I look forward to continuing visiting and letting everyone know about this site

Thanks again Kev

Hi Kev

Hi Kev
Were you @ Blackburn Training 2000??

Off to Angola end of the month to do a bit of training & assessments of the scaffs out there, will keep in touch, maybe we can help each other out.
:cool:

Hi Kev
Were you @ Blackburn Training 2000??

Off to Angola end of the month to do a bit of training & assessments of the scaffs out there, will keep in touch, maybe we can help each other out.
:cool:
Hello scaff38. Yes was at T2000. Good luck with the Angola trip. Never been to Africa so quite interested.nI'm just waiting for ticket to Trinidad for training same. Hopefully sorted today.

Are you instructor here in UK too.

Kevin

Wellcome---the Site is going Global and a mine of information, mutual help and support, thats what it's all about...

Did you happen to know Harry Bell Scaffold Instructor at Hillington 1978 ?, a great Scaff originally from Wales...

Garry...

Scaff Instructors

Kev
I was not at T2000 but heard you Good name flying around
Been training for last 5 year overseas all in house for oil & gas mobs, ExxonMobil, Shell, NLNG so so

Good number for me, gives me a chance to give a bit back to the local lads

Drop me your e-mail address. always looking for good experience instructors who are willing to go to remote locations

baz

colin wilkie is still alive hes the head man at the new scaffold training centre in inchinnan behind glasgow airport

Hello Baz and thanks for that. Very sorry, got some info someone passed away there a while ago and the name in my mind.

Must be an age thing. Is this NCC centre or private concern ?

---------- Post added at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

Scaff38. good idea working overseas. I enjoy it too. I can concentrate on training rather than paperwork. Just got confirmation, off to Trinidad 24 for few weeks so unfortunately miss the lovely weather here. Hopefully have net access there to keep in touch. Think this site brilliant idea.

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

Hello Gary, thanks for the welcome. Definitely a great site and looks like active members too. Now scaffolding community can have a say in their future. I'm not so experienced with type of site but with practice hope to contribute anyway I can. Just been in contact with friends in Bulgaria and informed them too. Unfortunately they need to see interpreter before reading and reply lol. Off to Trinidad Wednesday but hopefully I will be able to visit site while I'm there.

---------- Post added at 05:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:41 PM ----------

Gary. Sorry, forgot to mention. Don't know Harry Bell. Only worked there for 2 weeks and quite a while ago but found them a good bunch of lads. Remember one instructor from Wales named Jim Summers but no contact for a while. Worked with him at Safety and Access, Nottingham but he moved to Wales Training Centre a few years ago. Sorry, one more instructor from Wales named Ray Morris, (no relation), think he does some work for Glasgow.

Kevin34

Perhaps you will know Phil ( Forum Member ) thats PW opo---enjoy your time in Trini---and Look forward to networking information---I am currently working on Training Programs for the Decommissioning of Redundant Offshore Installations in the North Sea, the Decommissioning of these Structures are proving to be a Major source of concern to the Oil and Gas Community---there are some operations that are not covered by the CITB ;)...

Garry...

Gary, sorry I do not know Phil either but I can see he is a big contributor to this site.
hopefully get to know more as I get used to this forum.
Seems like you have a big job on your hands there and as usual no-one thought about this at the beginning. Maybe you can start the nuclear problem after that one lol.
Good luck Gary and keep up the good work.

Hello kevin 34,great to have you around,think we would all be interested to hear your own personal views how in your opinion scaffold training could improve,the general thought on here is that it is to easy to obtain tickets,be good to hear from you as to your thoughts,cheers..

Daz, thank you for the welcome. Regarding my thoughts on training, think this is quite large subject. I understand why some might think to easy and possibly agree but as with most things this can be different points of view. I, and other instructors, have problems with training.
As I'm not so experienced with forums, is it ok to discuss here or maybe main area.
Anyway, need to think awhile about this one lol.

Hi Kevin and Welcome To The Scaffolders Forum!

Like the lads have already said, it's great to have an instructor with you experience on board.

Regards

SF Admin

colin wilkie is still alive hes the head man at the new scaffold training centre in inchinnan behind glasgow airport

Good to see Colin hasnae popped his clogs yet LOL.

I heard about their new place in inchinnan, still the NCC one, just moved to bigger better premises

Top Bottom