Being appreciated (1 Viewer)

I gotta say I've worked for some real good gaffers don't get me wrong had some right shithouses to.

wankers

i worked for this ****** since we was both boys now grandads he as no respect for, anyone and treats people like **** and thinks every job is like the old days an hour to do 8 squarebut i am still there he still is a ******* bully and threatens you youll be tin tacked every day so is there any, good bosses well i met quite a few and there all wankers.

I always make a point of telling the lads they've done a job well where credits due, if I can I sort a bonus too, but they understand you can always do that.

Dave.

A couple of years ago i was asked to attend a pre shutdown meeting in a large very upmarket hotel all expences paid. All the top brass was there. Slid shows all day and then a speaker was brought in telling us how to get the most out of the men i asked the 2 mosts important questions is there overtime for the lads and is there a bonus the answer was NO to both questions the speaker said praise the men and you will get more out of them my reply to him was praise dont put bread on the table needles to say the top brass chipped in there bit so i put it to the speaker that he had given a great speach could he do it again at the next meeting but for half his fee his face dropped and alot of the guys where splitting there sides with laughter. Oh and by the way there was 3 of these meetings held about 100 people at each so thats a night in a hotel fed all day a slap up meal at night and a free bar. it cost thousands yet the guys at the sharp end gets nowt but a pat on the back:(

The bigger the firm the less you seem to get,you just become a number to them,bosses of smaller firms treat you better cash and personally wise,

As long as i feel good with what i have done for a days graft then thats all i need .There is a old saying "More work you do then the more work they give you to do"

The management on my firm all know the job well which helps but where as the two supervisors are cool and see things from both sides the higher management just come out moaning and like the fact everyone myself included are on edge when they come out, I have worked my nuts off running the job I'm on with up to 40 blokes on the site, but all hell breaks loose if they find a fitting lying anywhere on site,sometimes a pat on the back would go miles ESP as I know how much they are making on my job,still I suppose they would say they are just doing there jobs and don't get me wrong they do their jobs well.

Top Bottom