Looking for a spanner with safety ring on the box for lanyard. (1 Viewer)

VancouverLeedsLondonBoy

Reaction score
Been given these god awful lanyards at work today, i had to put a ring through the hole in the handle and hang my spanner upside down on my belt.

This is an absolute joke and there's no way i will ever get used to having my spanner like that.

I want to get hold of a bi hex with the ring and safety lanyard attatched to the box so it sits in my belt at least. Still not happy about the situation :mad:
This is just plain sh1t.

Buybrand tools are charging 45 quid plus vat and plus delivery :huh: which is an absolute joke for a spanner that costs 20 odd quid.

Anyone else know where i can get one cheaper than that?
Leaches catalogue don't show any prices online but then again I don't expect them to be any cheaper.

(and please don't move this to the tools section SF Admin as nobody reads it, ta)

Last edited:
vllb,Borrow a drill offa scaffy, and drill it yurself. can send you instructions lol

vllb,Borrow a drill offa scaffy, and drill it yurself. can send you instructions lol

Eh? My joanna already has a hole in it Frederik, are you suggesting Scaffy has a full blown metalwork shed in his yard so he can plane a groove out of the box for a little metal ring? :laugh:

You would know better than me,being such good mates an all that. ahh, thought you wanted a hole in the top end. He must have a wizzer somewhere!??!!

drill a hole at other end of spanner handle daft lad

Now how would that work silly bolloc.ks? i need the ring to spin round on the box otherwise the lanyard will tangle straight away. I know this as some other sap tried it at work and failed miserably.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

You would know better than me,being such good mates an all that. ahh, thought you wanted a hole in the top end. He must have a wizzer somewhere!??!!

Nope, as i stated in the OP, I need a spanner with the ring that spins round on the box. :D

put a swivel ring onto your spanner ring testicle chin :nuts:

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

or use some sticky backed plastic blue peter style so you can have one you made earlier lol

Wouldn't work pal, needs to be on the box or at the very bottom of the handle, but the handle thing is sh1te.

They have given us 3 different types of lanyard and they are all garbage. I had one of these better spanners when i worked for Trad, did a job over a nursery and kept it lol. But the ring fell off the end so I gave it to one of Scaffy's lads actually. Doubt he ever used it as he did like a Special Brew or 7

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

Get an upside down frog wiv a magnet....init

Taxi for Frederik.............................................

Are you talking about these?

Attachments

• 75.jpg
    75.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 31
All dem weekends you have worked for scaffy cant you just BUY one

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Looks like a Ferrari engine part :worried:

ive got 2 of them lanyards somewhere , think mine has a wire loop on the end of it to help attach to spanner not sure like,

i got an IMN spanner catalogue off deborahs a while back, try them they might be able to get them for you.

also try these they keep sending me emails

http://library.constantcontact.com/...430540698-15/Price_List_NEW_18_July_2011_.pdf

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 PM ----------

dont think so , think he means the leach,s type box with a grove in it where you clip a ring into it

I can`t speak for the steel spanner , but , i`ve had one of their all titanium spanners myself and a couple of the lads are using the "black pearl" spanner they sell and no problems with them so far .

Seems cheaper than the other sites mate but can't see the spanner with the ring on the box.

---------- Post added at 09:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 PM ----------

To be fair I may end up eating my words and getting one of these :laugh:

684d1311623972t-looking-spanner-safety-ring-box-lanyard-75.jpg

Top Bottom