Guidance on Monarflex Installation (1 Viewer)

Jason_p69

Reaction score
A client of mine has constructed a temporary roof, and has hung the monarflex vertically from top to bottom!
My design states that the monarflex should be installed in accordance with manufacturers instructions, which covers me.
Now in all the time ive been scaffolding, ive put monarflex on horizantally around each lift, which i believe to be correct. Is there a wrong/right way of doing it? Where is the documentation to prove?
After abit of research, there doesnt seem to be any guidance on how it should be installed i.e a BS or a chapter in TG20. Not even the manufacturers have specified.

I always thought that it was lapped to horizontally to stop water running in , and lapped the other way round for demolition to stop rubble getting out ? but i aint never seen it vertical

I`ve seen this done in oz the drop all sheeting down,mesh and debri netting. They seem to think it was faster to do.

i've been told to do it once but they were shrink wrapped together a few days later

Well my client is being asked to change it, although i cant find any evidence that it is incorrect, and i would prefer it the way ive always done it(horizontally).
Ill suggest just leaving it.

Top Bottom