Scaffold to support 21kN/m2 (1 Viewer)

LukeH

Reaction score
I am considering options for a scaffold to support soffit formwork in a shaft of approx 38m depth and 17m diameter. The approx unfactored loading will be 21 kN/m2. Can anybody give me some options, or whether it is actually possible.
cheers

I am considering options for a scaffold to support soffit formwork in a shaft of approx 38m depth and 17m diameter. The approx unfactored loading will be 21 kN/m2. Can anybody give me some options, or whether it is actually possible.
cheers

Suggest you use T225 primary aluma beams with T150 secondary beams.

The limiting factor will be the bending moment in the ply decking.

You'll be better off supporting it with Gass or Titan props, as the leg loads will be bloody enormous - 70kN on a nominal 1.8 x 1.8 grid.

Either way, you need an engineer mate.

Im not sure, all i've been told is that the cover slab will be an arrangement of beams and slab, and that the loading of the wet concrete, soffit formwork and construction imposed loading would be around 21kN/m2

Get a design done mate.. safest way for you...

Im not sure, all i've been told is that the cover slab will be an arrangement of beams and slab, and that the loading of the wet concrete, soffit formwork and construction imposed loading would be around 21kN/m2

Where are these shafts anyway. Peacehaven?

Cheers,
Ive had a look at Harsco, I'll check out Layher.

Top Bottom