Really want to get back over to OZ . (1 Viewer)

Tommy cork

Reaction score
Spent two years working working at Mount Keith , leinster and Kwinana refinery for Transfield , Monadelphous and Ativo . All the companies tried to get me a 457 . Ativo put the most work into it .

Over in New Zealand now , working in christchurch .

Been scaffolding for 5 years starting at home in ireland , half a year in canada , 2 years in Oz and now the last few months over here .

I have an advanced Oz ticket , working at heights , confined space , ewp , fork lift tickets . When i had to leave i was working as a leading hand at kwinana nickel refinery .

Does anyone on here know of any companies offering 457's or any other ways i could get back . Absolutely loved it there.

Currently working as a leading hand for the company im with .

Cheers for any help .

Tommy ,

I have a certificate in Travel , transport and distribution management too with about 5 years experience all up . Would this even get me back as a yardie ? I would be more than happy to take a step back for a year or two to take several ahead in the future .

I have a certificate in Travel , transport and distribution management too with about 5 years experience all up . Would this even get me back as a yardie ? I would be more than happy to take a step back for a year or two to take several ahead in the future .

I am not a visa or immigration expert but generally to get a 457 visa the sponsoring company must prove that there is an actual shortage of skilled labour in Australia.
Yard workers do not come into that category.
Its still Australian jobs for Australian (and New Zealand) workers lol

I am not a visa or immigration expert but generally to get a 457 visa the sponsoring company must prove that there is an actual shortage of skilled labour in Australia.
Yard workers do not come into that category.
Its still Australian jobs for Australian (and New Zealand) workers lol

Thats how it should be.
I only wish that we was more like the Aussies, then maybe we wouldn't be in the trouble we are in now.

Anyway, sound like you really wanna get yourself back to Oz, Tom.
Good luck. :)

tommy if get to go again,would like to come with you if there"s another position stephen

Top Bottom