NEW Black Tube (1 Viewer)

HatterScaff

Reaction score
Anyone know if they are still producing NEW Black tube ?:eek:

I tendering for a job and they want all the scaffold painting Black!

last time I saw NEW black tube, it had a gloss paint finish, but I'm not sure if anyone still stocks it?

doesnt take long for that varnish to turn to rust tho rigger !!!

Don't think so. I asked a few suppliers for it about 4 years ago said no one does it any more.

why not just paint galvanized tube , black tube is a nightmare if you dont keep painting it.

new black tube used to make your hands black back when we never wore gloves , is that the stuff your on about with the crap all over it , we used to get it from deborahs about 15 year ago .

keep it galv,warms up a touch over here,many a scarred shoulder..:D

i do not think you can buy it any more but why do they want it painted black

Thanks guys, some designer wants it for a display, and painting it will be a pain
if I paint it before, half of it will come off when erected and if I paint it when its up I wont have enough time!
It was just a thought

Hatter i had to build a scaffold for a play set and they painted it black with blackboard paint which dried quick and with a dull matt finish

The powers that be, got me 1,000 5's that i ordered, in Black steel.:mad: Once you cut the bands on a bundle, the coating covering them makes them worse than 'Black ice' it's like going on the pull in Darass Hall, you cant pick the Whores up.

As wor Allan has stated, "You get covered in blackshit" not go too far on that one:cool:

When you come to Strike the job, they are rustier than SAFC doing a lap of Honour,;)

Yes you can obtain NEW Black Steel Scaffold Tube = usually about the same cost as Galvanised ! More often though this comes in either 21' or 25' lengths. Just sold a full load so is still available in the market ........

I know it wouldn't really apply in this case but I was talking to a H&S advisor on a site a few weeks ago. He reckoned that using black tube is going to be banned from january next year.

Could be true or he might have duff info

Years since I have seen any the black tube with all the crap on it :blink:

Was it not steel tube with a protective coating on it for storage and shipping, runs in my mind that it was imported from Poland to undercut current UK prices (1980/90) most of the tube by then was galvanised with only the small jobbing builders using "rusty red"

Top Bottom