Hard Hats (1 Viewer)

andyf8686

Reaction score
Hard hat is there really a need for them ??? if we are unlucky enough to fall the hard hat is gone before you hit the ground.
I feel a bump cap would do just fine !!!:nuts:

Risk Assessment and PC Company Policy win on this one Andy mate.

---------- Post added at 05:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

The case of "why do i need one when the Scaffs and roofers dont":eek: is always the reason why a H&S policy must dictate the PPE, and a site H&S induction course, must include every person in that locale, When you start saying " just wear the helmet from A to B "or etc . Recipe for disaster is sure to happen.

Rule for one and a rule for all, as long as the Gaffers practice what they preach, and set a good example, let the employee, follow.

Anyway guys, regarding, PPE and the like, not using and wearing it, means a long time dead, and your kids saying "Mummy When is Daddy coming home, I have drew him a picture" and your wife, explaining that ..........How do you explain it, Fook that, stay safe guys.

Regards
Paddy

andy m8, it's not only falling re hard hats,if i'd been wearing one back in the 70s i would'nt have this mars bar on me nut due to a lad letting go of a longun

Andy i had a 5 foot tube hit me end on from 2 lifts and give me 40 stitch's on top of me head , as every one was sown in i kept thinking

"why didnt i just wear the fu cking thing"

They do my head in , i only ever seem to bump into things when i actually have my hat on, i keep trying to get a hard hat exemption certificate as my head is either very numb or very tuff, or both its been hit with boards, tubes, fittings, fists, spanners, bricks plus whatever the girlfriend thrown at it, its had bottles and glasses over it and it has never had a stitch in it in its whole life :nuts::laugh:

That is gods honest truth lol :nuts:

Never used to wear a hard hat when I worked on streets until one day we were stripping base lift and I had bent down to undo bottom swivel from a ledger brace, my labourer undid the top fitting and I got an 8ft tube clunk me and gash my head !!
Always wore it after that no matter what

Never used to wear a hard hat, always remember how many times you snag your napper with a one on,however, how many times have you left a chunk of skin and hair dangling on the bottom of a single, they are sh1t however that sh1t works:unsure:

Sorry man I'm all for smack caps after I saw one take the force of a sliding 21, sending the wrecked hat across the work area rather than the scaffs head.

Top Bottom