Plastic Boards (1 Viewer)

aom

Reaction score
I know this has come up before, but I need a small quantity of 8' omega plastic boards. My usual supplier has dried up and I need these pretty quickly. Has anyone got a connection at a descent price?

i would say George Roberts or Caspian

e-mailed an enquiry to George Roberts for a price, forgot about Caspian. Any idea on price?

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Just been on the Caspian web site, doesn't look like they do plastic, looks like standard and laminate only.

e-mailed an enquiry to George Roberts for a price, forgot about Caspian. Any idea on price?

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 AM ----------

Just been on the Caspian web site, doesn't look like they do plastic, looks like standard and laminate only.

13' Plastic Board.............£23.90 + vat new

Hook coupler..................£ 4.90

Bung..........................£ 1.50

Nice one Mitchells, did I mention I only wanted to buy a board not shares in the firm. Didn't realise they were quite so expensive and what is the hook coupler for? Don't tell me they slide about and have to be lashed all the time as well? It's actually the 8 foot battens I'm looking for so at least they wont move.

Seem to recall plastic omega battens were made to order and i think george roberts own or dictate the plant so that may be your best choice
From memory an 8ft plastic omega was bout 30 quid , cant you use metal battens or timber ?

FFS 30 brick, that's worse. I could get away with timber but I was trying to be maybe a bit smart with the plastic. The metal ones are worse than the timber but at that price I think it will be back to timber for me.

Nice one Mitchells, did I mention I only wanted to buy a board not shares in the firm. Didn't realise they were quite so expensive and what is the hook coupler for? Don't tell me they slide about and have to be lashed all the time as well? It's actually the 8 foot battens I'm looking for so at least they wont move.

we chose this size so we could cut them down hence the bung price and this was the best option the coupler was seperate but sneeked into the copy and paste:p

Wrap them in monoflex mate that's what we did for a food factory Ind stamps and duck tape does the trick factory hygeen man loved it so we got all his work from then on and charged over the top first time as did not really want the job due to the clean area **** .

Aom you can get a plastic sleeve that the boards slid into and then you heat shrink the ends so they are totally sealed if its for food preparation area they are really strict about what you can use

aom andy smith stage hire glasgow ask for jim ferguson and explain what you want as jim uses the same plastic 8ft and 6ft battens for his tv work best of luck hope jim can help you mate.

Nice one CB, I might have found a wee deal through the forum net work but will definitely try that should this other one fail.

Phill, Andy, it's not clean room work we are doing, the exact opposite in fact. Just trying to make a point to an otherwise thoroughly descent site agent who thinks steel battens are the be all. He is used with yellow jelly on his sites and doesn't like timber and I was just trying to get a few plastic boards for our hop-up's to show him there is an alternative. The main deck would still be timber but that's ok as there is intermediate supports. Don't ask, but that's the kind of thing that can happen up in the hills.

had a quick look today and could only find timber, not sure what for though. Always a bit suspicious when the seller is offering scaffold equipment and garden furniture.:eek:

buying 800 new boards other week , now buying plastic boards Aom, busy busy bumble bee good good , I see the scotsman in ya kicking in now on the money side eh lol you dont get rich giving it away tho :nuts:

---------- Post added at 11:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 PM ----------

think brandon tool hire, hire them out not sure if omega like.

haha, When I said there was Irish blood coursing through I forgot to mention the veins were still Jockonese.:D Originally the plastic was just an exercise but might be growing arms and legs a bit and now in danger of over ordering.:eek:

And that would be why he is also known as " Abramovitch of Argyllshire "

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Plastic boards are as much use as a pair of plastic balls :evil:

aom are you having some sort of breakdown, your auld sporron must now be empty with all this spending.Does her indoors know what you are up too :suspicious:

come down to Yorkshire for a holiday we will re educate you in the art of saving your brass, and pop some barbed wire and broken glass in your purse :idea:

Top Bottom