Scaffolders Forum – The World’s Largest Scaffolding Community  

Go Back   Scaffolders Forum – The World’s Largest Scaffolding Community > Scaffolding Careers / Scaffolding Jobs > Scaffolding Qualifications and Scaffolding Training Courses

Notices

Scaffolding Qualifications and Scaffolding Training Courses A forum for the discussion of the various recognised Scaffolding qualifications including; CISRS, NVQ, SVQ, CSCS, and scaffolding training courses.

Scaffolding Qualifications and Scaffolding Training Courses Forum Proudly Sponsored By:
Advertise On The Scaffolders Forum

Welcome to the Scaffolders Forum!

The world’s most visited scaffolding website with over 28,998 members and 321,136 posts! CREATE MY SCAFFOLDERS FORUM ACCOUNT NOW!

Old 25th May 2012
jb78

Default i need advice

i have the SVQ level 2 in scaffolding which i got 12 years ago (the svq is the part that is your portfoilio , evidence of the modules that make up the part 1 and 2) I did the part 1 in november and asked the instructors , what do i do now , one thought that i would do the part 2 , then i could get my basic card , another thought that i would need to do the part 2 , then the portfolio and one day assessment.

over the past year i have been buying my way back into this game/industry , but its hard paying courses when u have no job , ive just had to cancel the part 2 as i dont have the cash at the minute

i do not know what i have to do , but this determines whether i stay in the game or not , if i need only the part 2, then i can continue , if i need part 2 ,portfoilio, one day ass , then this means my offshore certs will run out before i can be a part 2 and get back offshore , which means it was all for nothing.

ALL and ANY advice is welcome. thanks

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 PM ----------

anybody?

Old 25th May 2012
jb78

not bad m8 , much u earned out of scaffolding , coincidentally i used to work for mcdonalds in invergordon , ever heard of them m8 , a real scaffolding firm , U ****
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
allan666 (3rd June 2012), bigfish (27th May 2012), poacher turned gamekeeper (2nd June 2012)
Old 25th May 2012

get a loan after all its an investment in ur own life fella i paid for all my own courses and yea u hsave to do part 2 then portfolio the 1 day but u shud have time inbetween then try a company cally smpany asscessment they did my portfolio for me and it cost fkk all as it was by a grant and failing that just apply for another card
frederik (25th May 2012)
Old 25th May 2012
jb78

the master , u could not even spell Kwikstage when u wrote it , MASTER OF FUCKALL

---------- Post added at 11:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

i wish it was that easy , i dont understand why id need the portfoilio, thats what the SVQ is , and i have it already , i will have to e mail cisrs , like i say , one instructor says yes , one said no
Old 25th May 2012

kenny hands smpany assecessments 07939273608 they are based in the midlands but still maybe able to help or tell u what gants are about and on the plus all i did for portfolio was copy another took me two days to do it but hope this helps
Old 25th May 2012
Forum Moderator

Thanked 2,927 Times in 1,990 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by The master View Post
Mcdonalds are lookin for people
Got a number and do they pay digs?

Real catch 22 JB,hope you get it sorted. Steady 29's post looks a decent solution. Good luck pal
Old 25th May 2012
jb78

thanks m8 , my problem is the 1 day ass , u go away after the part 2 to gain experience and collect the evidence of the different scaffolds that make p1 and p2 for the portfolio , then u go for the i day ass to prove you have gained experience and the portfolio evidence means u get the basic card.

now with me having the qualification that is the portfoilio(evidence of all modules in p1 and p2) why i would i need the portfolio , surely id just need the cisrs training courses to go with the SVQ , then get a basic card.
Old 25th May 2012

ring the citb and ask them then jb but also try safety and access for a second opinion as im not sure oh and safety and acc have got a deal on atm 500 for ya part 2 half course in funded atm
Old 25th May 2012
jb78

500 , thats great , even if id to go to england and stay , i might save some cash , thanks , just off out to do some robbing to pay for it , lol
Old 25th May 2012

Thanked 5,872 Times in 4,179 Posts

Don't go robbing just yet JB as I think you just need the training and away you go. Obviously I am no expert but we had a similar situation with one fella who had a score card. They could take the card off him but they can't remove your svq after it's awarded. I also can't remember when things changed exactly but it took me a long time to get from part 1 to advanced and by the time I did it had all changed and they were not sure how to deal with how I had the old part 2 without the assessment when on the advanced course, they eventually made me and another guy do the part 2 assessment halfway through our advanced course even although we already had the card but it brought us on to the new scheme. How did you manage to get an svq without the training?
The Following User Says Thank You to aom For This Useful Post: