Pull test (1 Viewer)

Q.Silver

Reaction score
Can anyone direct me to a company that sells equipment to allow us to do pull tests on scaffold ties?

What do you think would be a fair price?

We got ours at leaches. We priced around at the time and they were same price as the rest but they sent a load of drop ins as well which made the best deal so well worth a try

Tbh guys the leeches tester is just the hyrdojaws but with their logo.& you can defo get it cheeper at hydrajaws.

contact the team at hydrajaws & they will not only sell u it direct but give u
Training to use it so ur certified under the wah regs.theres also different models & additional bits & bobs you can purchase.
They give a terrific value for money & we always use them for the yearly recalabration certificate

Thank mate for the info. I heard that Hydrajaws will not supply Leach's any longer with their pull testers as Leach's tried to copy it and made a bad job with no proper calibration cert.
Go direct to Hydrajaws in Birmingham and you could get a discount and they offer training in the use of the tester too.
We paid about £850 for ours this year.

Last edited:
Ours came from Leachs and was just a hydrajaw , it came with all the attachments , calibration certs etc.

SP what's the charge for calibration with Hydrajaw ?
Leeches charge around the £150 including picking it up and delivery back

Think we paid £68 +vat phil & obviously p&p circa £15- but what we did a couple of years ago was book 2 guys in for a testers cert @ £50each & they took the hydra wiv em & while they did the cert the machine got recalibrated

1, The Courtyard, Roman Way, Coleshill, Birmingham, Warwickshire B46 1HQ

check out their website phil - I'll dig out the paperwork out for the contact name.

try leechies ask fur the big ben tie testing machine we bought wan recently £1100 brand new

DOG , SP was spot on about going to hydras jaws direct ,
I sent 2 lads with the machine to calabrate and they got the tie pull test course with certificates and the machine calibrated for the same cost as Leechs charge to calibrate it alone ,
All leechs do is send it to hydras jaws and put their mark up on it .

Is your machine Hydraw jaws ?

Better to buy the Hydrajaws machine as it comes with a proper traceable calibration certificate and the Leeches does not. We bought a Leech machine and the safety man asked to see the cert and said it wasn't worth the paper it was written on and the clock doesn't have a max pointer.
We sent the machine back to leeches and got our money back and bought a Hilti which is made by Hydrajaws anyway.Dog was ripped off if he paid £1100 but thats leeches

Last edited:
Top Bottom