Safelinx Board Retainer - Simple, Quick, Safe... Across the Board

flynnanddawson,

I have had a look at the thread and yes it looks like a very good piece of kit but I have a few questions if I may.

1, does the safelinx come in different sizes in length.
2, can it be used on a flush finished board level on birdcage scaffolds say 20 boards wide.
3, what is the safety factor on wind speed for the uplift as there does not appear to be no support ties to the centre of the boards which we will still need to tied down for the risk of the board may bow in the middle and uplift in strong winds we have to design the scaffolds on the bridges to withstand a wind speed of 120mph.

But still a very handy piece of kit for straight independents.

To answer your questions,

1) Safelinx is availiable in any length you require (dependant on order volume) We produce in a 5 board and 4 board as standard but are sorting out stocks to suit most common board gauges.

2) If you wanted a neat secure birdcage platform I can think of no better way than Safelinx, cable tie the units to each other through the holes and around the neaest ledger/tranny. Or stock up on 4.5 meter Safelinx. On the longer lengths there will be additional securing points arranged to provide maximum retention.

3) For serious wind environments a combination of Safelinx and board clamps may be required, although we have calculated the bow on a 13' board would have to be 260mm before it would come out of our unit, we have test results that top out at aprox 3.3kn.

Hope this answers your questions.

We shipped out 200 Safelinx Units last week, attached are a couple of pictures of the pallet to show the packing.

This would secure up to 199 fleets of boards in just over an hour when using Safelinx (on top of boarding out). To do this using board clamps, limpets or lashing would take around 20 hours (again, on top of boarding out), thats over 2 days saved just on fixing the boards down.

Attachments

• PIC_0170.jpg
    PIC_0170.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 34
  • PIC_0174.jpg
    PIC_0174.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 25
Arrived here safe and sound Chris, thanks.

Better than some of the alternative

Hi Chris

If we do any designs to high wind conditions which are exposed I will let our customers know of this option.

One area that I often see boards lifting is on high rise tower blocks on the top lift, especially if it is not sheeted.

The area usually forgotten is the hoist gate openings, even if the scaffold is sheeted.

All the best wth your product.

Chris Eng:smile1:

Hi Chris

If we do any designs to high wind conditions which are exposed I will let our customers know of this option.

One area that I often see boards lifting is on high rise tower blocks on the top lift, especially if it is not sheeted.

The area usually forgotten is the hoist gate openings, even if the scaffold is sheeted.

All the best wth your product.

Chris Eng:smile1:

Thanks for bearing our product in mind. It is also worth bearing in mind for sites with heavy traffic across the scaffold as well, stops boards bouncing out of place.

board retainer

does seem like a good idea but it looks as if it could be limited to independants with long runs. all to often we get pipes, steelwork etc coming up through the boards. also does the retainer come in diffirent sizes.:unsure:

Cheers for the input.

Yes, the unit is definately better suited to nice long runs of independant but anywhere you have a transom or ledger Safelinx can be used, it's possible to secure single boards mid fleet for penetrations like the one you mentioned, having a few single board/double board sections in your stock would be very handy for times like that.

Safelinx is availiable in any length you require, order quantity needs to be sufficient obviously, also the unit cuts with a timber hand saw, drill new securing holes to the underside and you have your new length.

The proof of this pudding is definately in the eating, hope you try, you'll like!

Alright lads,

The delivery of 200 units were for me but unfortunately arrived too late for the job I had in mind. Nothing to do with supplier and more to do with main contractor trying to hold a gun to my head and then demanding the job went ahead within one day of order. All the jobs we have done since have been small and fairly short duration so I was a bit reluctant to go to any great lenth of fixing down boards in the middle of June but eventually thought I would give them a try on a job with a history of boards moving in wind.(hence the only real reason we got the job)

I thought they were brilliant, fitted in seconds as opposed to on your knee's with limpets they were just pushed on as the boards went down. We tried to push them up from below to see if we could push them out, no chance, no more sleepless nights for me in January.:) Sorry the pics aren't great but it's all we have at the minute.

Attachments

• PICT0091.JPG
    PICT0091.JPG
    85.6 KB · Views: 63
  • PICT0108.JPG
    PICT0108.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 63
  • PICT0110.JPG
    PICT0110.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 63
  • PICT0119.JPG
    PICT0119.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 63
Alright lads,

The delivery of 200 units were for me but unfortunately arrived too late for the job I had in mind. Nothing to do with supplier and more to do with main contractor trying to hold a gun to my head and then demanding the job went ahead within one day of order. All the jobs we have done since have been small and fairly short duration so I was a bit reluctant to go to any great lenth of fixing down boards in the middle of June but eventually thought I would give them a try on a job with a history of boards moving in wind.(hence the only real reason we got the job)

I thought they were brilliant, fitted in seconds as opposed to on your knee's with limpets they were just pushed on as the boards went down. We tried to push them up from below to see if we could push them out, no chance, no more sleepless nights for me in January.:) Sorry the pics aren't great but it's all we have at the minute.

I dont know whether you have had a chance to look but we have used the piccys that you sent through on our twitter page with an honourable mention for AOM Scaffolding.

you never mentioned the free advertising

Get me some pics when you have some installed and I will gladly put them on there, I'll even throw in a quote on a tweet if you send one. A bit of a rotation policy will need to be introduced though, expecting some other pics through shortly.

Get me some pics when you have some installed and I will gladly put them on there, I'll even throw in a quote on a tweet if you send one. A bit of a rotation policy will need to be introduced though, expecting some other pics through shortly.

I forgot to ask what you thought of the twitter page???

Sorry this has taken me so long but I hate trying to do anything on this computer as it takes me ages then I make a complete boorach off it, but here goes. Not the best of pictures, but you get the idea, we use the 8ft omega boards on our hop-up brackets when using system for house building and have never seen them move even on Tiree in January but the 13ft boards are a different story especially when we have to erect the job before the timber frame.

Attachments

• PICT0183.JPG
    PICT0183.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 64
  • PICT0185.JPG
    PICT0185.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 62
  • PICT0186.JPG
    PICT0186.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 61
  • PICT0187.JPG
    PICT0187.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 60
  • PICT0190.JPG
    PICT0190.JPG
    77.8 KB · Views: 57
Thanks for the images.

The pics are great, they show the unit helping the boards stay neat and together on the loose gauge of the system. Haven't done a timber frame job for ages. Thanks again..

---------- Post added at 07:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

Forgot to ask how the units were to install this time, a local trainig provider who are using Safelinx in their part 2 course said they got easier to use each time. are you finding the same?

Sorry this has taken me so long but I hate trying to do anything on this computer as it takes me ages then I make a complete boorach off it, but here goes. Not the best of pictures, but you get the idea, we use the 8ft omega boards on our hop-up brackets when using system for house building and have never seen them move even on Tiree in January but the 13ft boards are a different story especially when we have to erect the job before the timber frame.

Nice tidy job mate, How do you put pics on the Post:):smile1:;):D

Neighbours 4 year old daughter came in and did it for me.:cool:

Everybody is a critic.:embarrest:

---------- Post added at 08:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:23 PM ----------

I'm gonna be labled now aint i:embarrest:

mate u run a scania even we cant afford that x

Only kidding mate.

As my thread 'We are getting there' states, this is all a learning curve. Tinheads showed me how to post pics. The knowledge to be gleened off this site is second to none, why pay UNI dues, when this is for nowt.

Top Bottom