Should Agency's pay to advertise jobs on here?

We are going off the subject here,

As VLLB asked should agencies pay to advertise on here?

its not only the agencys that are gainning free advertising there is a lot of other parties
getting a free surf on the forum they should start surfing on the advertising page like the others have done.

what - like the pilot inn in dungeness?

what - like the pilot inn in dungeness?

i choose it for the fish logo as i like fishing when my wife gets off nights i will
get her to change it as i havent got a clue. you happy now.

went in the pilot the other week , the fish and chips are blinding - every scaff should try it if they have the chance !!!
See dico u should get discounted ace now after a review like that

yeh mate i had a few large B&C ande large cod and chips with garlic bread - blinding grub !!

hahaha!!!! come on now there getting more advertising than siman risk and they dont
paye either sorry couldnt help that one!! as leeds says should they get advertising some
one put a thread on here this week about a thumbs up and down vote think that would work like you say some good some bad.

il start it

Thumbs Up for The Pilot INN

Having spoken to a lot of you about this issue via pm and email, I know that it is a subject that you all feel strongly about.

I have tried a number of times to get agencies to sponsor the forum, but none of them are interested.

I know some agencies are good and some are bad, but it is very difficult to provide a definitive list. Going forward It might be best to only allow an SCCR approved list of agencies to advertise their jobs on the site.

P.s. The forum will always remain free to "non-business" members and no subcriptions will ever be charged.

Hi Admin,
For what it's worth, I'm not a great fan of agencies in general, it is my belief that all employers should have at least some investment in the men they have working on site. However, as an employer I am under no illusion as to what could be said about me and my operation if you were to ask some past employee's. I think it would be hard to produce a league table of agency's or scaffold companies as it would be reliant on everybody making a contribution and by that I mean clients, health & safety companies as well as the boy's erecting happy or not. Again, my opinion would be the most vocal would only be the few with a grudge or complaint?

Agencies definitely fill a gap in the market and are here to stay but I feel the scaffold contractor that takes a young lad off the street then train's him to a descent level to include, manual handling, confined space, first aid, hgv and too many others to mention is by far a more viable and attractive proposition to all.

Should they pay to be on here, well if it's good enough for all our other sponsors why not? One of the hardest things I would imagine about running an agency(apart from getting paid) is knowing what men are available for work and where are they, well their job is now a whole lot easier.

Would the forum suffer should they take their ball home, no tears from aom.:D

i think we as a forum need to realise the men need the agencies on here as its the men who benefit most. The agencies however should be taken to task if they dont deliver though. This should be by the website moderators or SF Admin once a query is established, it does not pay to hold a kangaroo court on one side of someones story every other day.

i dont agree at all with you sorry

I don't agree either.

I don't think there is any need for a third party to profit from one man's graft.

If there were no agency scaffolders, the same work would still be there.

Top Bottom