Ecitb scaffs tkt

Lads don't jump all over me, but I traveled with a unite union delegate to a grievance hearing appeal today, and I happened to mention the ECITB situation with competent scaffs having to do CISRS part 1,2 & advanced courses to substitute the ECITB grade 5 card issued off employees with union backing....I mentioned that the SF had brought about the SCCR who were challenging the stance taken by the powers to be CISRS, NASC & Unite I even mentioned Tom Hardacre who my man knew well................................................

The point being is that the Union man said that grandfather rights officially ended at the close of 2010???.........So any man who could prove competence prior to that deadline should have been awarded a Scaff card to clarify...........?????????????????????????????

I don't fully understand the grandfather rights situation...but can anyone elaborate on this grandfather right issue that the Unite man said ceased at the end of 2010????????

Assessed route of entry.

No training just attend a couple of weekends get told to put up certain structures & a written test at the end.

I done mine straight to Advanced.

Could of stayed in the pub & still passed.

Very disappointed.

Just don't understand why someone with skills in this Industry cannot do a skills test & attend the course at the level they are at?

Ragscaff

Makes my blood boil when,experienced workers are let go,to be replaced by "read the book egotistical know nothings" Seen some good men,shown the door in my time. Decision makers seem to try to balance books by getting cheaper labour. Know what?? It upsets moral in the workplace and its never cheaper.

the firm would not lay him off, oh no, as you say put him with young guys and let them gain experience from him, firm can not lose, sad state of affairs

hi poacher was told in 2010 by cscs to contact a mr dave mosley at nasc refrence grandfather rights my self and others had done this and certain people on the forum have a copy of this leter basically trainee ticket thats was the answer was. refrences work history proof of national insurance payed through your scaffolding career at the persons approval not interested ragscaff and the sccr and forum members have tried every angle with this ecitb ticket and still its going on for a sensible solution its the most hottest thread on the forum with over 25,000 hits and over 1,000 replies but still no light at the tunnel. i think we all no where this is going to end up i think the parties involved should start to look at who was to blame.i really cant see what the problem can be with such an easy solution unless its money!! and flood gates opening

grandad cards? i and six other guys where working on the brent alpha hook up in the early 70s been in the scaffolding industry at that time for 15yrs ,graded by the union ceu,to grade (A), toldwe did not have to attend any course as we where experienced enough at the time,we where issued with full citb cards at the time with advanced grade,would have felt very grieved if we had to go on a course ,spent the next 25 yrs working with said card ,then dropped out of the industry as it was going backward in its search for money, not excellence,still have issues with young bucks in my local who think they no it all ,when you have guys a lot older and far more experienced having to work along side them for less money,its about time that this issue was sorted .

Been mulling over the EICTB and grandad rights issue:wondering: How hard would it be to set up a challenge to the powers that be to tell the difference between experienced scafs without tickets and scaffs that have gone through the trained route. Get a few gangs of each,mix em up,give them all the same tasks. I would defy any one , hands on heart ,to tell them apart.;)

your be lucky frederik we all know cisrs rules even if you cant scaffold lol!!!

makes you laugh frederik 20 years ago ecitb ruled and cisrs was concidered with 5 years exsperience most has been taken off the web sites now!!! how things change there was even a pegasus ticket i believe at one time!!

makes you laugh frederik 20 years ago ecitb ruled and cisrs was concidered with 5 years exsperience most has been taken off the web sites now!!! how things change there was even a pegasus ticket i believe at one time!!

Pegasus card???.......... once got one of them dico at Coryton for Vange in 2000, Fu*k know's what it was for??? dont think Scaffing??...think it was a refinery client thing (cud be wrong).........................Do know that the photograph of the poacher was 20 times better looking than the latest one..............................................:worried:

Pegasus card???.......... once got one of them dico at Coryton for Vange in 2000, Fu*k know's what it was for??? dont think Scaffing??...think it was a refinery client thing (cud be wrong).........................Do know that the photograph of the poacher was 20 times better looking than the latest one..............................................:worried:

lmfao yeah no the feeling ive gone from matt goss bross!! to gorden ramsey one things for sure you wont beat the age machine lol!!!!

Poacher,best you dont look at old photo's....they are so damn depressing..make the most of now,its never gonna get better.lol

At 43 and can still smash a job down and put it up, local knowledge is a great thing, had 8 boiler cells to strip and the lifts were out and the hoists were not in use, the young lads were **** this, you have a hoist well, rope it or catch the tube its 30 to 40 foot, supervisor, 26, said it will take you all day, sunbathing at 11 am. Happy Days :bigsmile:

happy days animal i can remember when that supervisor laboured for me and you now he does your time sheet lol!!! wow how llife changes!!!!!

Still got my pegasus card and the handy booklet it came in

happy days animal i can remember when that supervisor laboured for me and you now he does your time sheet lol!!! wow how llife changes!!!!!

26 and a supervisor WTF !

had a phone call from an agency today not going to mention there name but have always been spot on with money ect. when i asked why they didnt return my email reference the ecitb ticket they was not able to answer as they said there head office is trying to get to the bottom of it thats why theve only been advertising cisrs!! wonder who has blocked the ecitb tickets getting through when there still valid untill 2011 the only firm that i no that is still accepting this card is cape when its got a ecitb certificate with it so why arnte the rest of firms accepting these tickets some lads arnte lucky enough for there firms to paye there wages and courses and lodge. and the ones that have payed for there part 1 cant get a start as they all want a basic part 2 and wont assept there ecitb as they should be doing untill 2011 its all wrong some lads have given the tax man over 20 years tax with these tickets thats without the national insurance wrong wrong wrong this needs to be sorted before 2011

not saying you have the dosh to pay but there has been ample time for ecitb members to get there tickets sorted,anyway get urself a blag ticket its only face falue and chances are you will bounce from job to job happily everafter ,,me mates done it for years . £120 quid is the going rate down r street .

Top Bottom