Ecitb scaffs tkt

Well said Frenchy, I would rather work for a scaff with no ticket at all and 20 years experience than some of the part one scaffs I've seen. When I did the CISRS supervisors course we spent the last day listening to Gary from CADS trying to sell us all CADS smart scaff ! so the course was 4 days really not 5 as once we had been treated to a lecture about CADS it was going home time.
Why can't they just do a days assesment and a written test, keep the cost to the LADS AND THE TRAINING CENTRES DOWN. Its not so much the cost of the course that hurts , its the 2 weeks away from work you may not get paid for that cripples as well.

nice one m8 thats a good idear just swap the olde ecitb to the new ecitb ace ticket job done.they were happy for us to use it for the last 25yrs so why not now.just change cards.every ones happy ecitb have refrence numbers so they no how long uve been scaffolding.work history and refrences job done.its the fairest way podger good input m8.

dangeruss - where did that happen , is gary the northern scaff that claims to have invented the programme - def dont look like a scaffy

E-mail sent to the NASC.

"Dear Mr Mosley,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Sorry I Will be blunt CISRS in its present state is attendance only. No skill.

The NASC is now excluding scaffolders who are very experienced.
If the union did contact the ECITB card holders ten as in most and outs of correspondence you would only had 10% of the people concerned to respond. That is not a basis to put people out of work. You have the control on this, work it out without wanting to make a profit!!!

Offer any card holder the option of a days assessment as you do part 2 scaffolders who have no idea under the CISRS scheme.

Sorry to be blunt but that's the way it is & will be !! The way the ECITB guys have been treated is very poor indeed.

The meeting is in October, date to be confirmed. My contact at the HSE will contact you as this will be copied to the forum & the SCCR.

Regards S.Quinney

Ragscaff SCCR.

Dont mince your words Ragscaff :D

There is a very strong case for some sort of ECITB/CISRS conversion based on a short 1 or 2 day practical assessment and perhaps a short "job knowledge" written paper with NVQ 2 being the benchmark for "competency" Then a line could be drawn under ECITB scheme .

Oh my God!!!

Have had a reply already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Mr Quinney
I obviously strongly disagree with the contents of your email, but I do not want to get drawn in to a long email debate/argument that keeps going back and forth.

Send me your telephone number and I will give you a call to discuss these issues with you.
Regards
Dave Mosley
CISRS"

I need your questions for Mr Mosley??

I will pass my number to him on Monday so get busy & prove that this is an issue worth putting myself in the firing line!!!!

My main issue is the HSE accepts that scaffolders should be trained & ticketed. But this is not purley for the CISRS!! In my opinion if you can demonstrate in house training with evidence then that is good enough!! No monopolies here!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Ragscaff
:laugh::cool:

Hi
Question for Mr Mosley. Why should someone with a level 6 ECITB card with years of experience need to do a 2 week part 1 course with people that only need 6 months experience to do this course? Why can they not be assessed at the level they are on their ECITB card?
Thanks

I need 10 people to answer this thread with a question to make it stand. ECITB scaffolders get writting, one down 9 to go. Thanks Frenchy

Ragscaff

Thanks ragscaff for all your doing m8. if testaments from 3 major companys that you have worked for a number of years at what level you r now with the ecitb tkt can be transfered over to cissrs and like everyone agrees that a line can be drawn under this situtation once and for all, or r they going to change cissrs in a number of years time and have another set of problems. dont want to stop doing something that im quite passionate about and really care about the industry. cheers again bud. good luck:worried:

Hi
Another question for Mr Mosley. As I understand its the NVQ that is needed to get CIRS card, so why do we need to do the 2 week training course as this is nothing to do with the NVQ? Why can we not just do the portfolio on site and send it away?
Thanks

thankyou ragstaff yeah agree with animal work and refrences as they dont come easy.i
would also like to say if this isnt a money spinner like the cscs and ecitb ccnsg which is still reconised even though its ecitb.why cant ecitb scaffs.have course for free is it
because they no that there have to paye all the firms and scaffs back that have done the yts cisrs.forget the trainning what about exsperience.lets move forward with this ecitb issue wake up nasc your get ur own way next year as ecitb will be dead after 25years plus.

Many of the ECITB scaffs are highly 'trained and ticketed' inline with many job related codes of practice, CCSNG IPAF PASMA PTS confined space SG:4 05 etc as well as years of recorded industry experience all in line with NVQ 2

Its an insult that they are expected to join the CISRS system at trainee level attending a course wich is tailored for candidates with SIX MONTHS industry experience .

ECITB tickets holders with say 5yrs + recorded should be allowed exemption to part 1 and 2 training and be awarded NVQs based on portfolios and assessment in the same way as part 2. Entering the CISRS at an appropriate skill level.

Why is it that NASC ( scaffolding guidence) and CISRS is not 1 company... and why wasnt ECITB merged into CISRS when training was removed from CITB...

OH YES CONFICT OF INTREST AND MONEY ....slap me for being stupid.

another question m8.why is it the ecitb is not being reconised when it should of been.
reconised untill dec 2110 this year.no firm will touch this card now when before they
welcomed it with open arms.all decent firms want cisrs.even the poor labourers.now
have to have a cisrs labourers card to get on sight.to work with the scaffs.whats was
the cscs for then.

I know of two firsm last year refused membership to the NASC because they had scaffolders with the ECITB ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Ragscaff

I know of two firsm last year refused membership to the NASC because they had scaffolders with the ECITB ticket!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Ragscaff

when u have 3 directors of capes from a lagging back ground that r on the nasc as directors of a scaffolding union and havent look after there men it says it all.

i no 1 firm how has joined nasc and cant take me and animal on even though they want
to cos theve joined nasc how sads that.

Guys i am dismayed at your dilemma.

I have just been looking at the ECITB web page and copied this.

New Qualifications Strategy
Vocational Qualifications Reform Programme
To support the recommendations of the Leitch Report upon future skills needs, a government coordinated programme of qualifications reform is currently under way. This programme aims to establish a simplified structure of qualifications that reflect the skills and knowledge that employers value. Emerging qualifications will be based upon the expressed needs of employers within each sector of the UK economy. These needs have been collated through a consultative process led by the various sector bodies concerned, including ECITB.

To provide a foundation for more flexible qualifications, a national credit based framework will progressively be introduced by 2010. This framework will be populated with units with defined levels and credit values, which can be combined into the qualifications that meet employer needs. The units will only be accepted into the framework if the related qualifications are derived from published Qualifications Strategies. Furthermore, central funding will only be available for qualifications that consist of units included within the framework, and that therefore clearly stem from employer needs.

Requirements of a Qualifications Strategy
The key requirements of a Qualifications Strategy are that it must:

•Provide a strategic vision of the future qualifications landscape required by employers within a sector of the UK economy
•Define priorities for the development of new qualifications and National Occupational Standards
•Be developed through substantial employer consultations
•Meet defined quality standards, including having a separate focus upon each of the four nations.
The Qualifications Strategy may well address such strategic aims as for example to:
•Enhance the image of the industry and its ability to recruit suitable new entrants
•Increase the volume of training within the industry
•Develop the skills and competence of key employee groups
•Increase the level of take up and/or completion rate of qualifications
•Increase the relevance and flexibility of available qualifications
•Support coherent career pathways
•Align UK, EU and overseas qualifications.

To me that ticks all the boxes, End of problem, NVQs2 and 3 as awarded= Equals CISRS Scaffolder or CISRS Advanced.

So why are the ECITB,CISRS,CSCS and NASC not in consultation, stating the ECITB guys have a 'Right to not be refused' a CISRS card, when Portfolios and ECITB cards are and can readily be supplied by some of this country's most qualified scaffolders.

Regards
Paddy

Top Bottom