mackie30 (1 Viewer)

Hi lads I started work for aventas group down Plymouth docks I left to go to a better paid job the agencie said that they can't pay me for the hours that I worked for because that I need to give 7days notice and when I give 7 days notice now they are saying am not getting paid at all can these does this any info lads cheers.

Seven days notice? Last time I worked on a dockyard for an agency they called me on the Friday and said 'that's it, they don't need you anymore'. I'm sure if I was in your shoes I wouldn't be accepting that sh1te they're spinning you. You worked the hours, your due your money. End. Of.
Good luck pal. Dirty robbing c@nts.

If U don't work your notice how can you expect to be payed you probably signed a form somewhere not knowing what you've just signed mate only one winner with agencies been there never again

Hi Danny boy so what you are saying that I won't get paid for the hours that I worked because I did not but in 7 days notice but I got my hours through from the umbrella company.

Check out Gov.uk official government website, there is section about agency workers and your rights, it's illegal for any employer to withhold wages for hours worked, they also must pay you even if they haven't been payed by the client although they have the right to make sure you actually did the work,they can deduct monies owed for things, they will be relying on people not taking them to employment tribunal, fight it, contact ACAS, or even better hopefully your in a union.

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Try these numbers

0845 955 5105 Employment Agency standards helpline

0845 747 4747 ACAS

I think the first number is to make a complaint about agencies

Last edited:
Thanks ginger dog been on phone got a good case the dirty ******* Robbin ******** agency keep away from aventas group they tell you a load of **** and the manger is called john Blair

You don't have to tell me about Aventas group, I recently went to Dublin for them for Actavo, the job was set up for me by a friend of mine who is Manager for them in Ireland, had nothing but problems getting paid, so I was advised to give them a week's notice then I went direct for Actavo, different kettle of fish in Ireland though, your not protected same as UK, had similar problems many years ago working in Holland for UK agencies, there scum, do your homework your entitled to your money.

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:10 PM ----------

You don't have to tell me about Aventas group, I recently went to Dublin for them for Actavo, the job was set up for me by a friend of mine who is Manager for them in Ireland, had nothing but problems getting paid, so I was advised to give them a week's notice then I went direct for Actavo, different kettle of fish in Ireland though, your not protected same as UK, had similar problems many years ago working in Holland for UK agencies, there scum, do your homework your entitled to your money.

I know mate cheers and the job was with actavo but they were paying local men 12 pound an hour there are lads still on the job and had no pay for a month off aventas group am glad that are jacked in.

Hi lads looking for work in Newcastle any company's looking for scaffs cheers.

Corepeople Recruitment Ltd

Part 2 Scaffolder

Job description

This vacancy is advertised on behalf of Corepeople.

I am recruiting for a number of Advanced Part 2 Scaffolders for 6- 8 weeks work in Durham.

It is also essential that you hold a Layer Ticket or a Rand Rose System Ticket.

Applicants MUST be able to provide work- related references upon application.

Call Adele for further information 01913741772 RATE £14 T0 £16 PER HOUR

Mackie30

Hi lads does any one know any jobs going in Newcastle cheers

Top Bottom