advanced or NVQ??

lo,was talking to training development officer he said there is no plan to make anybody sit nvq,he said there will be no change just renew your card.

Maybe Dave Mosley will give you the proper answer . I'm near on certain that after 2014 any cards without NVQ won't be renewed under the CISRS scheme. Sure that's what he told me.

But to cover my arse I could be mistaken.

yea steve i mind you posting that a while back mate,whatwe have to do to achive nvq???ssurely not the full shabang again?

---------- Post added at 07:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

could you imagine the litagation involved there,there must be thousands with the old citb card steve.

Modern technology he.

Reply already!!

"Mr Quinney
The short answer is no it does not affect a renewal. The information on the card reflects the scheme rules at the time the person qualified, i.e. the oldest cards are grandfather rights, then Part 1 Part 2 etc then Pt 1, Pt 2 plus VQ, some were Assessed Route of Entry when that applied. The person’s grade is maintained they will not have to now complete a VQ.

If a person wishes to upgrade a card e.g. they held an old Basic or a Scaffolder card but now want to go for an Advanced they would be required to follow the current scheme rules and complete the Advanced Course and VQ3.

Regards

David Mosley

ha
wow ladds didnt mean to cause a conflict just really didnt know..
but as ragscaff said i heared if u havent got a NVQ with ur card weather its part 2 or advanced u have to do it....

i never actually done an nvq . i did the part 2 course and had the certificate which i used for years without actually having a card , then when the citb changed over to cisrs i rang them and said i had a citb card but had lost it and was going to lose my job if i didnt get a card . i hassled them for about 6 month and eventually they just let me do the touch screen and sent the card , no evidence file or nothing . apparently i was one of the first to be issued it . how lucky was that , that said i v now been scaffolding since 1995 and still havnt found myself romantically linked enough to a gaffer to get an advanced card , merry fooking christmas scaffs hope yous have all saved up enough for when we all get paid off

Goin on my advanced on Monday, paid for by my company, I'm no cock sucker just getting what's due, paid for my own part 1 and 2, been wi the firm for over 2 years so it's about time, but too be fair Allen, I always used to say what u said!

Nice one and good on ya. I got the old part 1 paid for then had to do it all myself from there. Good to hear some firms are still investing in their men. Out of interest, did they ask you to make any commitment to them before putting you forward for this course?

No mate wish they would tho! Works still very tight, but the job I'm on still has another 12 to 18 months to run yet anyway, I've never been with a firm for longer than 14 months always got bored or paid off, but in these times I'm glad of the job security!

I know what you mean but if I were you I would take solace in the fact they ere still training, you know what they say, actions speak louder than words. Good luck on the course, who know's you might even learn something.:rolleyes:

Ha ha ha ha, someone is gonna be telling me I've been doin it wrong for the last 13 years! Lookin forward to it to be honest mate, for 1 I'll be glad to be at home every night for the next 2 weeks, not sure about the wife and kids tho, they'll no doubt get sick of me after a week! Cheers for the support, better get some kip got half a shift to put in tomorrow, better not forget my elsie's or I'll be labouring!

If memory serves the first week is for massaging the instructors ego while he recites wild and exiting stories of how the north sea was one. Week two is listening while he bores you to tears on what a lady killer he was back when moses was a boy. I would leave the guns with the labourer, that way they won't get rusty while you are away.

i never actually done an nvq . i did the part 2 course and had the certificate which i used for years without actually having a card , then when the citb changed over to cisrs i rang them and said i had a citb card but had lost it and was going to lose my job if i didnt get a card . i hassled them for about 6 month and eventually they just let me do the touch screen and sent the card , no evidence file or nothing . apparently i was one of the first to be issued it . how lucky was that , that said i v now been scaffolding since 1995 and still havnt found myself romantically linked enough to a gaffer to get an advanced card , merry fooking christmas scaffs hope yous have all saved up enough for when we all get paid off

I showed up on a job and the foreman asked to see the chargehands card before we started , saw I had a part 2 and said no good need advanced . T wo weeks later I was on the course . can`t` thank that big paddy enough and the job was only roof edge protection .

I never wanted it until i started my ncurrent job as i usually work price work so it meant nothing . The firm i work for now pay more for advanced so i asked for it . I was told i would get it but never did . I could probably pay for it myself but was thinking now that the new schools have been canceled i ll be back on price work any way so whats the point . I stick by my opinion that the snakes and grasses get it before the lads that deserve it . In the last 6 month i have been put on ipaf , asbestos and envirowrap courses .none of these put my wages up but i still do more than and know more than most of the advanced i work with .

NVQ was only added to the cards from 2000. anyone pre NVQ the card just states advanced some say pre NVQ scaffolders are better than NVQ scaffolders. I will leave this one to you to sort out.

NVQ was only added to the cards from 2000. anyone pre NVQ the card just states advanced some say pre NVQ scaffolders are better than NVQ scaffolders. I will leave this one to you to sort out.

like that answer.. A guy who is honest..

Already a chargehand, so there'll be no pay rise for me, as for nvq or no nvq, I've worked with both, rough as **** old boys, and young (think they know it all but actually know **** all) spunkers! Cards r for show, after 10 mins on the job u can tell the good lads from the Bengal dancers! The best scaffs r the lads who r still learning, and that's including 50-60 year old fellas!

Said it before and I'll say it again,a plastic card doesn't make you a scaff!!Seen all these superscaffs with every card going,put them on something out of the ordinary and you soon realise they are *****!!

Top Bottom